+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Processing Times - What to expect?

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi Members,

As per CIC website, current processing time for grant of citizenship is 12 months. Average time to get AOR is 2 months.

Can we expect improvement in processing times for Citizenship and AOR in near future? Any official communication out there from the authorities regarding this?

I welcome informed insights & opinions on this matter.

Thanks & Regards

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Hi Members,

As per CIC website, current processing time for grant of citizenship is 12 months. Average time to get AOR is 2 months.

Can we expect improvement in processing times for Citizenship and AOR in near future? Any official communication out there from the authorities regarding this?

Thanks & Regards
I applied under the old rules and then it was 12 months. Now there has been a huge influx of new applications so I would not expect an improvement but rather that it takes longer. Nobody, I believe, on this forum will be able to tell you whether CIC is now employing more people, so it is hard to say how long it will take them to work through all the new applications.

Here you can check on processing times
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/htmlview#

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi Members,

Thanks & Regards
Just view the speadsheets for oct, nov, dec , jan . You will get the insights. Inbetween there is no fixed timeline as everyone case is different. Some are family applications and some are of single applicant. Many factors are involved.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
I applied under the old rules and then it was 12 months. Now there has been a huge influx of new applications so I would not expect an improvement but rather that it takes longer. Nobody, I believe, on this forum will be able to tell you whether CIC is now employing more people, so it is hard to say how long it will take them to work through all the new applications.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/htmlview#
Thanks.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Just view the speadsheets for oct, nov, dec , jan . You will get the insights. Inbetween there is no fixed timeline as everyone case is different. Some are family applications and some are of single applicant. Many factors are involved.

Thanks for replying.
Are single applications faster than family?

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013

My friend got citizenship in 4 months with old rules.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi Members,

Thanks & Regards
Personal recommendation:
- Submit your application
- Don't compare yourself to other applications all the time. This forum with all its spreadsheets can make you go crazy.
- Expect your application to be finished within 12 months
- Be happy if it happens faster

Babayaro

Jun 30, 2016
It's mostly about luck and based on your office. I sent my application Oct 16th now DM waiting for oath invitation. It's unfair some one still waiting for aor

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
the waiting from DM to oath is longest, scarbourough aplicants applied in july last year still waiting and it is already 3 months since DM where as missisauga applican applied in aug already got citizenship

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Personal recommendation:
- Submit your application
- Don't compare yourself to other applications all the time. This forum with all its spreadsheets can make you go crazy.
- Expect your application to be finished within 12 months
- Be happy if it happens faster

Thanks for sharing your views. I really appreciate.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
My friend got citizenship in 4 months with old rules.
I did not mean it took me 12 month. The official time for the citizenship was then already 12 months. It took me 7 months and I had no special requests such as fingerprints.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
I did not mean it took me 12 month. The official time for the citizenship was then already 12 months. It took me 7 months and I had no special requests such as fingerprints.

Oh Ok. Got it. Thanks.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

Somebody in the forum got AOR yesterday (Feb 05,18) and his application was received on Jan 02,18.
However, I called CIC today & they confirmed that they are working on December 8, 2017 applications.
Why is there so much conflicting information?
Is there a possibility that CIC is working on new applications & clearing the backlogs at the same time?

Some informative insight on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

jess254

Sep 23, 2018
Hi All, I applied for citizenship in December 29 and they started processing in March 31 and I haven't heard from them since. My friend applied in November and she got her citizenship in May. I live in Toronto and she live in Halmiton.. does that mean there is a lot of application in Toronto than anywhere else? I am getting worried.