+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship process - CIC Edmonton Office

goldenwaltz

Jan 10, 2014
I wrote the citizenship exam on Jul 4, 2013, have not received anything since then. The total application time is over 25 months. My son will have a Eroup thip in spring break, and waiting for the Canadian Passport. Is anyone also took the exam on Jul 4, 2013? Did you get any information about oath? Thanks!

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you tried calling the CIC and get an update from them?

goldenwaltz said:
I wrote the citizenship exam on Jul 4, 2013, have not received anything since then. The total application time is over 25 months. My son will have a Eroup thip in spring break, and waiting for the Canadian Passport. Is anyone also took the exam on Jul 4, 2013? Did you get any information about oath? Thanks!

goldenwaltz

Jan 10, 2014
Yes, I phone CIC Help Centre, she said the only thing she can do is put a note in my file, and she suggested write a letter to CIC Edmonton, which I did on Jan 8, 2014. I have not received any response. I do not know if anyone will see the note, or if CIC read my letter. I have to apply visa for my son if he cannot can Canadian Citizenship.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard that you can always contact the MP in your area. Try that route...

goldenwaltz said:
Yes, I phone CIC Help Centre, she said the only thing she can do is put a note in my file, and she suggested write a letter to CIC Edmonton, which I did on Jan 8, 2014. I have not received any response. I do not know if anyone will see the note, or if CIC read my letter. I have to apply visa for my son if he cannot can Canadian Citizenship.

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Anybody from Edmonton got RQ? Please share........

Applied April 10, 2013
File in process from July 10
Got RQ beginning of October and sent back in November.
Just find out that my file arrived in Edmonton office.

babu12

Feb 5, 2014
@goldenwaltz, did you receive any communication from CIC Edmonton after you sent your letter. Please update us.

Edmontonian78

Jun 18, 2013
babu12 said:
@ goldenwaltz, did you receive any communication from CIC Edmonton after you sent your letter. Please update us.
i appeared for my test on 4 nov 2013, still waiting for Oath invite. Has anyone got pre test RQ ? I got it and submitted more than a year ago. Appeared for the test after 10 months of RQ submission but still waiting. Its really frustrating for me and my family.

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Hey guys, yes, I also got an RQ. However I submitted my application in May 2011.

Hopefully this doesn't mean 4 more years of waiting :eek:

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
jaycrew said:
Hey guys, yes, I also got an RQ. However I submitted my application in May 2011.

Hopefully this doesn't mean 4 more years of waiting :eek:
OMG :eek: Did you try to call them to ask when are they planning to invite you for the test?

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Always on almost a weekly basis.. I was able to source all the documents and will be submitting my RQ tomorrow.

I guess I will be following in a couple of weeks to see what time line I should be expecting

arkan_tub

Apr 17, 2014
applied for citizenship in July 2011, I submitted my RQ in October 2012 right after my test, last week I was told by edmonton office CIC that it will be an other year of waiting as it takes them up to 45 months to process Non routine applications.

Candoes

Star Member
May 26, 2013
They are crazy, sometime I have the feeling this is the way they are trying to make a limit who can become citizen and pushing back the rest.........send out RQ's.
I just call them 2 weeks ago and advised everything is in order with my file, I said oh, yes? And when can I expect the invitation for the test or to face the Immigration Judge? And the answer was she can not answer my question.
Great now I am so happy that everything is fine with my case ;D Wondering how can I book my Caribbean vacation for Dec or Jan for 10 days. Do not want to let them know cause I am afraid they will drop extra waiting time on my case but afraid to gamble that amount of money what if they plan to invite me for the test.

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
arkan_tub said:
applied for citizenship in July 2011, I submitted my RQ in October 2012 right after my test, last week I was told by edmonton office CIC that it will be an other year of waiting as it takes them up to 45 months to process Non routine applications.
It is not 45 month. on ecas it shows 36 months for 2012 applicants for for you it is probably should be less. in July 2014 you will be 36 months, so I think then you should start to consider escalating this. search this site on how some people have escalated