+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship/PR Card

bubs1121

Apr 11, 2009
Hi there, this is nice forum, lot of things to learn. I just want to ask, maybe somebody had the same situation. I sent already copy of my passport pages with translation with it as supporting documents required for RQ. If I apply for PR card renewal, can I submit photocopies of these passport pages or do I need another set. Translation is very expensive.
Thanks

allyp

Mar 15, 2013
bubs1121 said:
Hi there, this is nice forum, lot of things to learn. I just want to ask, maybe somebody had the same situation. I sent already copy of my passport pages with translation with it as supporting documents required for RQ. If I apply for PR card renewal, can I submit photocopies of these passport pages or do I need another set. Translation is very expensive.
Thanks
If you have a copy of the translation, you can certify the copy and then send the certified copy for your PR card renewal. I am planning to do the same.

lenovo

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Out of curiosity which country is your passport and which country stamps did you get requested for translation

bubs1121

Apr 11, 2009
I worked in different GCC countries so there's a lot of Arabic stamps. I used 2 passports in the last 7 years. My wife the same. So $50 each per passport, that's $200. Anyway, I thought in citizenship application, (having read the info here) CIC will just check your residency 4 years preceding the day you submit your application. But in RQ, I was required to submit all copy of the passport pages used since my arrival date which was way back March 2007. Although I met my residency requirement, what will happen to those who would they found not complied with the 2 year out of five since their arrival date. Are they going to revoke their PR or will not just grant citizenship?