+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Pictures - Forgot to print names on the back of the photos

canadaislife

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
For my citizenship application, I forgot to print the names on the back of our photographs (submitted for myself and my spouse). Has this been enough of a mistake for IRCC to return application? Does anyone have any prior experience in this regard?

To clarify: the photos were stamped with the requirements on the photographer's side, i.e. name and address of the photographing agency as well as the date stamp. It's just that I forgot to print our (i.e. the applicants') names on the back of the photographs.

Last edited:

canadaislife

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
In the past, applications have been returned for not being stamped or dated. There's a 50/50 chance.

Refer to this thread where applicant's application was accepted even though s/he forgot to write the name on the back:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-i-forgot-my-name-on-pictures.205943/
To clarify: the photos were stamped with the requirements on the photographer's side, i.e. name and address of the photographing agency as well as the date stamp. It's just that I forgot to print our (i.e. the applicants') names on the back of the photographs. Would you have any insight from experience on this particular issue?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
To clarify: the photos were stamped with the requirements on the photographer's side, i.e. name and address of the photographing agency as well as the date stamp. It's just that I forgot to print our (i.e. the applicants') names on the back of the photographs. Would you have any insight from experience on this particular issue?
That's exactly the situation in the thread I linked. Application was accepted.

"I mailed my application today, and it hit me like a ton of bricks tonight that I completely forgot to write my name on the back of my Canadian Citizenship Certificate pictures. The photographers information is all there, just not my name."

Missing photographer stamps/date is usually a definite application return, from what I've read on this forum.

canadaislife

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
That's exactly the situation in the thread I linked. Application was accepted.

"I mailed my application today, and it hit me like a ton of bricks tonight that I completely forgot to write my name on the back of my Canadian Citizenship Certificate pictures. The photographers information is all there, just not my name."

Missing photographer stamps/date is usually a definite application return, from what I've read on this forum.
Sorry, just went through the thread and saw the outcome. Hopefully some kindred spirit at IRCC will print our names on the back of the photographs since the photographer's information is all there.

In the meantime, I will update this thread if I get an AOR. Here's to hoping!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Sorry, just went through the thread and saw the outcome. Hopefully some kindred spirit at IRCC will print our names on the back of the photographs since the photographer's information is all there.

In the meantime, I will update this thread if I get an AOR. Here's to hoping!
Good luck! I know it sucks. I, too, made a minor mistake (forgot to checkmark 'No' pn some boxes in qs11 that don't apply to me ) and am in the dicey situation. Hopefully, we get AOR.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Good luck! I know it sucks. I, too, made a minor mistake (forgot to checkmark 'No' pn some boxes in qs11 that don't apply to me ) and am in the dicey situation. Hopefully, we get AOR.
Lol. Welcome me to the party. I forgot to put my name on photos as well. Dropped my application package today around 9EST. I will correct it before someone picks up package from Canada Post.

akhanzada

Oct 17, 2017
For my citizenship application, I forgot to print the names on the back of our photographs (submitted for myself and my spouse). Has this been enough of a mistake for IRCC to return application? Does anyone have any prior experience in this regard?

To clarify: the photos were stamped with the requirements on the photographer's side, i.e. name and address of the photographing agency as well as the date stamp. It's just that I forgot to print our (i.e. the applicants') names on the back of the photographs.
I also applied Yesterday and forgot to write my name on back on the Photographs. My pictures were taken at shoppers Drug mart and they only stamped on one of the photos, not both. I hope I will get my application approved as there is only one application in my package.

dony

Jun 4, 2012
I made the seame mistake guys, my single application was received today, and I took a new couple of photos today with my name printed on the back and I sent to them plus an explanation letter and a copy of my receipt. In case that it could be rejected ,Should I have to pay again for the application?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I made the seame mistake guys, my single application was received today, and I took a new couple of photos today with my name printed on the back and I sent to them plus an explanation letter and a copy of my receipt. In case that it could be rejected ,Should I have to pay again for the application?
No, you won't have to pay again if application is returned before AOR. I don't think sending them just the photos will help.

Optimist22222

Dec 7, 2011
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 28, 2017
I also forgot to print our names on the back of photographs. Although I was expecting the application package to he returned, luckily I got the AoR

Reactions: rajanvnv

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
TO OP:

They will return. Before its too late.

Reapply with same payment receipt.

I forgot to tick couple of Yes or No boxes and and same writing my name on pic, re-applied today.

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
I forgot to write date on back of photos. Should I resend the photos with explanation letter to request them to add them to my application?

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
I am sure that IRCC will not return the single person application containing one set of documents and one set of photos where is absolutely clear to which person photos belong to.

But for multi person application with multiple sets of documents and photos within one package probably we can't count on IRCC employees to bind the correct photo to the correct person no matter how obvious that could be.

dunten

Oct 4, 2017
I am applying only for myself, do I print my name on both pictures or just one. They stamped only one picture