+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship photos - URGENT

Zaraali

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Hi,
I was just attaching my documents and realized that only one of my photos was stamped at the back. Same for my son. This was done in COSTCO. My daughter's both photos were stamped in WALMART. Should I go to COSTCO and get the other photo stamped or is it ok to send with one stamped only.

TIA

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi,
I was just attaching my documents and realized that only one of my photos was stamped at the back. Same for my son. This was done in COSTCO. My daughter's both photos were stamped in WALMART. Should I go to COSTCO and get the other photo stamped or is it ok to send with one stamped only.

TIA
Get stamped done for both the photo before sending .

Reference from CIC site:

Requirements
  • Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
  • Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
  • Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
  • Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
  • Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
We did ours at Costco and they stamped both without me even asking. Yes, both photos have to be stamped.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

TIA
You should be just fine.
The stamp on the pictures is to make sure they are within the last 6 months
Secondly the name on the pictures tells them which photo belongs to which applicant incase of a family applying together

Zaraali

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Hi,

TIA
Thanks for your reply

Aqsamunir

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
AIP/DM: 11-02-16
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
Thanks for your reply
Hi, did you get your application processed smoothly. My photographer stamped only one picture. Should I go and get other?

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Hi, did you get your application processed smoothly. My photographer stamped only one picture. Should I go and get other?
I was in the same situation...
So, I went back to the photo studio and asked for the stamp on the second photo.
It will not take long and you will be safer to fulfill the requirement.

CanaMeow

Nov 9, 2017
*Personally*, I had no issue with only one photo being stamped. I wrote all the required information on the unstamped photo. I applied as a single applicant, not as a family.

Zaraali

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Hi,

I went back to costco and got the other photo stamped too, just to be on the safe side. My application is still in process since November 2017.