Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2015
Doc's Request.
July 16th, 2015
AOR Received.
July 5th, 2015
Hi experts, I have got my citizenship online test letter and it will start from tomorrow June 7th till June 27th.

I am currently in India.

My PR card has already expired and I have already applied for PTRD.

We have got the passport submission request from VFS (regarding PRTD).

I am going to get my first COVISHIELD jab on June 19th.

"Today, the Government of Canada is extending the temporary travel measures restricting entry into Canada by foreign nationals until June 21, 2021." - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/05/government-of-canada-extends-quarantine-measures-and-travel-restrictions.html

Need advice / suggestions on how to tackle this situation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi experts, I have got my citizenship online test letter and it will start from tomorrow June 7th till June 27th.

I am currently in India.

"Today, the Government of Canada is extending the temporary travel measures restricting entry into Canada by foreign nationals until June 21, 2021." - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/05/government-of-canada-extends-quarantine-measures-and-travel-restrictions.html

Contact IRCC and tell them you are outside of Canada and need to postpone.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rickyufv

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2015
Doc's Request.
July 16th, 2015
AOR Received.
July 5th, 2015

RamanS100

Apr 12, 2021

I am currently in India.

hey, just wondering if u received any response back regarding your test yet? i am in similar situation, currently in India and test invite is valid until June 21 and cant be back in canada by thn. hvnt emailed them yet, wondering wht to write in email and if i am required to attach any documents.
Thanks,

rickyufv

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2015
Doc's Request.
July 16th, 2015
AOR Received.
July 5th, 2015
I will be emailing them a cover letter explaining my situation. Also, will be attaching the letter that I got from IRCC, VAC (for PRTD). Email me your phone number and I will call you, should you have any questions.

rickyufv[at]hotmail(dot)com

aiw

Jun 12, 2015
I will be emailing them a cover letter explaining my situation. Also, will be attaching the letter that I got from IRCC, VAC (for PRTD). Email me your phone number and I will call you, should you have any questions.

rickyufv[at]hotmail(dot)com
Any update on this. Did it work out?

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Thank you so much @scylla
hi everyone, I am in similar situation with my test to be scheduled in the next 20 days. Does anyone have any update on this and were you able to take test outside ?

Since the test is online can we use Canadian VPN and take the test from other country ?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
hi everyone, I am in similar situation with my test to be scheduled in the next 20 days. Does anyone have any update on this and were you able to take test outside ?

Since the test is online can we use Canadian VPN and take the test from other country ?
No need to use any vpn. Just email the office (it should be in your invite pdf) and request that you would like to attend the exam from outside since you are stuck at your country due to restrictions/etc. They will mostly approve it.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016

Let us know if they approve you taking the test from outside Canada :) thank you

RamanS100

Apr 12, 2021
Hello Everyone, i am still outside of Canada and received an email that i can take the online citizenship test outside of canada now. i was required to reply back to the email letting them know that i am outside of country and then they emailed back the instructions to choose yes when question asked if i am currently present in canada. i will be doing by test before sept 27, hopefully its easy, i have prepared but who knows.. lol