+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Oath Wait!

Jan 10, 2022
Hey Everyone,

I am pretty sure a lot of you are waiting for your oath invite, I just had my interview last week, and was told I should wait 3-4 months to get the invite email. All the boxes have already turned green, and ready to go

I just wanted to see how is your experience about the wait times, particularly in the Vancouver office.

Thanks,

Reactions: Shpetim_2019

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
I attended my oath ceremony last week, and there were around 40 people from Vancouver. It was a great experience and the Vancouver team has been working really hard to schedule oath ceremonies to process the backlogs.

My interview was back in August 2020, and I was also told that the wait is between 3-4 months. In my case, my oath was scheduled right on the day when I completed my 4th month.

Good Luck!

Reactions: CanadaisGreat123
Jan 10, 2022
I attended my oath ceremony last week, and there were around 40 people from Vancouver. It was a great experience and the Vancouver team has been working really hard to schedule oath ceremonies to process the backlogs.

My interview was back in August 2020, and I was also told that the wait is between 3-4 months. In my case, my oath was scheduled right on the day when I completed my 4th month.

Good Luck!
Thank you! Fingers Crossed!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hey Everyone,

I am pretty sure a lot of you are waiting for your oath invite, I just had my interview last week, and was told I should wait 3-4 months to get the invite email. All the boxes have already turned green, and ready to go

I just wanted to see how is your experience about the wait times, particularly in the Vancouver office.

Thanks,
Been waiting 5 months. Not Vancouver office.

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hey Everyone,

Thanks,
Hi can you share your timeline please ?
What was asked on the interview ?

Congrats!

MrChazz

May 4, 2021

Good Luck!
40 people per week is "working really hard"? :)

Piper2020

Apr 29, 2021
I thought I was vancouver office but when I got my oath invitation it was actually Surrey.

I didn't have an interview so I'm not sure where exactly you are in the timeline but I completed my test in August 2021. I had decision made October 27th, 2021. I received my oath invitation on December 29th, 2021 and took my oath on January 5th, 2022.

Seems like maybe the BC offices are starting to process the old apps quickly

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
I thought I was vancouver office but when I got my oath invitation it was actually Surrey.

I didn't have an interview so I'm not sure where exactly you are in the timeline but I completed my test in August 2021. I had decision made October 27th, 2021. I received my oath invitation on December 29th, 2021 and took my oath on January 5th, 2022.

Any update on your certificate?

Jan 10, 2022

Thank you for the update, would you mind sharing when did you first send your application?

Thanks,