+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Oath Rescheduling

nbuache

Mar 25, 2023
Hi Good Morning How are you ?
I need your guidance regarding citizenship ceremony reschedule.
In which province your ceremony was held ??
I also did finger print on 10 April 2023 if i reschedule after that date ?? Will I have to go through all background and finger print process again ??

I would be highly thankful for your kind help

Gill
Fingerprints are valid for 1 year and must be valid at the time they send your certificate few days after the ceremony.

If your ceremony is not at least 2-3 days before the expiration, you'll need togo through fingerprints and background check again.

Reactions: diamondcodes5

diamondcodes5

Jun 2, 2020
Fingerprints are valid for 1 year and must be valid at the time they send your certificate few days after the ceremony.

If your ceremony is not at least 2-3 days before the expiration, you'll need togo through fingerprints and background check again.
Hi @nbuache Thank you so much for your reply

Are you from Ontario Province ?

And how many months it took when you first applied for citizenship and they scheduled you and your family for ceremony first time.

I am asking becauase For me it already took 14 months to get ceremony first time, maybe they will reschedule sooner for me

And I did my fingerprint on 16 April 2023 and my ceremony is on 15 April 2024 as it take 5 days to generate citizenship certificate does it mean I will have to do finger print again??
Looking forward for your reply
Thanks

Last edited:

nbuache

Mar 25, 2023
Hi @nbuache Thank you so much for your reply

Are you from Ontario Province ?

And how many months it took when you first applied for citizenship and they scheduled you and your family for ceremony first time.

I am asking becauase For me it already took 14 months to get ceremony first time, maybe they will reschedule sooner for me

And I did my fingerprint on 16 April 2023 and my ceremony is on 15 April 2024 as it take 5 days to generate citizenship certificate does it mean I will have to do finger print again??
Looking forward for your reply
Thanks
Yes, I'm from Ontario.

It took me 19 months between my application and the first ceremony date. It took me an additional 11 months to get the second ceremony invitation, as I had to redo my fingerprints and background check.

Based on what I heard (I'm not working for IRCC): If your fingerprints expire the next day, you should be good if you sign and send by email the oath form right after the ceremony + highlight the fact your fingerprints are going to expire. Don't wait for the evening or next day before sending the oath form. They know it happens and will prioritize the creation of your certificate. You don't have to receive it by April 16th; You only need them to generate it by this date, and they need the signed oath form for this.

Something to also consider before rescheduling: my family was invited to their (second) ceremony months before me as they didn't have to provide fingerprints during the process. Because we rescheduled the first ceremony, we were not able to obtain the citizenship at the same time and celebrate all together.

Reactions: diamondcodes5

diamondcodes5

Jun 2, 2020
Yes, I'm from Ontario.

It took me 19 months between my application and the first ceremony date. It took me an additional 11 months to get the second ceremony invitation, as I had to redo my fingerprints and background check.

Based on what I heard (I'm not working for IRCC): If your fingerprints expire the next day, you should be good if you sign and send by email the oath form right after the ceremony + highlight the fact your fingerprints are going to expire. Don't wait for the evening or next day before sending the oath form. They know it happens and will prioritize the creation of your certificate. You don't have to receive it by April 16th; You only need them to generate it by this date, and they need the signed oath form for this.

Something to also consider before rescheduling: my family was invited to their (second) ceremony months before me as they didn't have to provide fingerprints during the process. Because we rescheduled the first ceremony, we were not able to obtain the citizenship at the same time and celebrate all together.
Thanks you so much for your kind help and guidance, I have last questions
when did you get email for new finger prints submission, i meant how many months after your first finger print expiration date ? Or first citizenship ceremony date ??

And one of my friend also rescheduled the ceremony via email but on his tracker account it is still showing the same ceremony date of 3 April. When you rescheduled your ceremony did your account also show the same date of ceremony ?? And will tracker online account stop showing the date only after 3 April and upadte after that 3 april only for him ??

Thanks

Last edited:

diamondcodes5

Jun 2, 2020
Hi @nbuache one more thing, i submitted my finger prints on 10 april 2023 at finger print center then on my online tracker account it was updated on 15 May 2023 saying "They have received finger print results" so what will be 1 year finger print validity dates ? From 10 April 2023 to 10 April 2024 or 15 may 2023 to 15 may 2024

Looking forward for your kind reply
Thanks