+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Oath Rescheduling

Yuvraj3110

Sep 21, 2018
Hello guys, my oath ceremony was scheduled for early Feb this year and I had a 4 work trip to US during that time. I can’t take the oath during this time since I won’t have my PR card or an active passport upon returning to Canada then. I emailed then to request a rescheduled date for my oath ceremony. Does anyone have an idea when I can expect a new date?

Is it safe to do so? My local office is the Winnipeg office, is there a chance anything can get messed up? Can I withdraw the request to reschedule?

thanks

AB91

Jan 30, 2023
I'm in the same boat, got oath invite for Feb 2, contacted CIC through the email they provided, a citizenship officer reached out and said the request for reschedule has been approved but I haven't received a new date yet. Not sure how long they'll take.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I'm in the same boat, got oath invite for Feb 2, contacted CIC through the email they provided, a citizenship officer reached out and said the request for reschedule has been approved but I haven't received a new date yet. Not sure how long they'll take.
If you don't mind sharing, what was your reason to ask for a reschedule?

AB91

Jan 30, 2023
I have an out of country trip scheduled for Feb 13th, which doesn't give me enough time to get the citizenship certificate and passport.

Reactions: forw.jane
Feb 28, 2023
Hello guys, my oath ceremony was scheduled for early Feb this year and I had a 4 work trip to US during that time. I can’t take the oath during this time since I won’t have my PR card or an active passport upon returning to Canada then. I emailed then to request a rescheduled date for my oath ceremony. Does anyone have an idea when I can expect a new date?

Is it safe to do so? My local office is the Winnipeg office, is there a chance anything can get messed up? Can I withdraw the request to reschedule?

thanks
Hello,
I wanted to ask if you have received any reply on rescheduling your oath. I am facing the similar situation. I got in person oath notice in Mississauga but I am from Calgary and I asked for a virtual ceremony instead, it’s been a week and there is no response. So I was wondering how much longer they take to respond to such requests.

Feb 28, 2023
Hi,
Have you received reply from ircc. Can you please tell what they said and when did they rescheduled your ceremony.

sahibo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
Hello,
I wanted to ask if you have received any reply on rescheduling your oath. I am facing the similar situation. I got in person oath notice in Mississauga but I am from Calgary and I asked for a virtual ceremony instead, it’s been a week and there is no response. So I was wondering how much longer they take to respond to such requests.
Hey, did you receive a reply back from IRCC?

nbuache

Mar 25, 2023
Rescheduling ceremony can be very fast or very long… my wife and kid have been reschedules after 6 months. I was not able to participate to the ceremony as they sent me back to background check when they rescheduled the ceremony for my family. I’m now at 10months after asking to reschedule, still waiting…

• Wow
Reactions: sahibo

violetelegance

May 3, 2023
I asked to reschedule my oath on 21st May with the Mississauga office and they’ve emailed me to confirm my request shortly. Been following up with the office once in a while for a new oath date but no luck so far.

LES1910

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
I asked to reschedule my oath on 21st May with the Mississauga office and they’ve emailed me to confirm my request shortly. Been following up with the office once in a while for a new oath date but no luck so far.
Rescheduled oath from April 15 due to travel and also nothing - seeing people get LLP complete and oath done within a couple of weeks of each other. Seems odd that they can do that when they have people waiting much longer.

nbuache

Mar 25, 2023
It personally took me 12 months to be rescheduled. There's no rule. The best is to not reschedule, at any cost.

However, something I learnt: during the background check, you could be asked for fingerprint. If this is the case, they have 12 months validity. This means within the 12 months from the date of the fingerprints, you must have your ceremony, sign the post-ceremony document, and the certificate has to be issued. If the certificate is not issued within 12 months after the fingerprints, you're good for a new background check with fingerprints.

diamondcodes5

Jun 2, 2020
It personally took me 12 months to be rescheduled. There's no rule. The best is to not reschedule, at any cost.

However, something I learnt: during the background check, you could be asked for fingerprint. If this is the case, they have 12 months validity. This means within the 12 months from the date of the fingerprints, you must have your ceremony, sign the post-ceremony document, and the certificate has to be issued. If the certificate is not issued within 12 months after the fingerprints, you're good for a new background check with fingerprints.
Hi Good Morning How are you ?
I need your guidance regarding citizenship ceremony reschedule.
In which province your ceremony was held ??
I also did finger print on 10 April 2023 if i reschedule after that date ?? Will I have to go through all background and finger print process again ??

I would be highly thankful for your kind help

Gill