+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship oath ceremony scheduled on 28 th April.

Ranareddy

Apr 21, 2023
My citizenship oath ceremony was scheduled on April 28 th 2023, this information from application tracker account. But I didn’t receive any official letter of email notification. Is there anyone scheduled on same day 28 th and received any email updates?
Thank you

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My citizenship oath ceremony was scheduled on April 28 th 2023, this information from application tracker account. But I didn’t receive any official letter of email notification. Is there anyone scheduled on same day 28 th and received any email updates?
Thank you
Because of the strike people who did not receive emails before are not receiving it now. Looks like it's making IRCC life easy as no Zoom link to connect, so no need to send cancellation emails. If you know your processing office, get the Oath email address from the forum and drop them an email. Also call IRCC but it's getting tough to get anyone to talk too.

Reactions: Ranareddy

Ranareddy

Apr 21, 2023
Because of the strike people who did not receive emails before are not receiving it now. Looks like it's making IRCC life easy as no Zoom link to connect, so no need to send cancellation emails. If you know your processing office, get the Oath email address from the forum and drop them an email. Also call IRCC but it's getting tough to get anyone to talk too.
Thanks for the info

sathakkar

Aug 9, 2015
Thank you
Same here! I have an oath on tracker on 25th April, 2023, 2 days left and still haven't receive anything. Anyone know why is like that?

NAGI123

Mar 18, 2021
hello
I am on the same boat. In my Citizenship Portal account, I am scheduled for Oath on April 28th, 2023.
But I didn't receive any invitation email yet. I also have no instruction or location of Oath yet.

sathakkar

Aug 9, 2015
Latest Update: Here is the reply I received from IRCC, One day prior to ceremony,

"Due to the current labour dispute we cannot give the ceremony information at this time. Please be patient while we wait and see how long this disruption will last. We have not cancelled the ceremony as yet. You will receive direction closer to the ceremony to let you know if it will be cancelled or not.

We try to make decisions regarding cancellations around 2pm for the following day, so please keep an eye on your email."

Thank you

IRCC Scarborough Team

SK8819

Apr 24, 2023
Latest Update: Here is the reply I received from IRCC, One day prior to ceremony,

"Due to the current labour dispute we cannot give the ceremony information at this time. Please be patient while we wait and see how long this disruption will last. We have not cancelled the ceremony as yet. You will receive direction closer to the ceremony to let you know if it will be cancelled or not.

We try to make decisions regarding cancellations around 2pm for the following day, so please keep an eye on your email."

Thank you

IRCC Scarborough Team
Hi Sathakkar,

I'm on the same Boat as you... my ceremony is scheduled for the 27th.... which email address did you communicate with them on ? I can't get thru on the phone and I have no Idea what email address to communicate with them on....

SK8819

Apr 24, 2023
I'm scheduled for the 27th of April to take Oath, still no details email with a zoom link or anything..... my tracker was updated on the 15th of April, this is a very stressful experience indeed, and it's bizzare that they leave people hanging to only a few days prior to thier Oath ceremony without having the details email with zoom link.

this is irrelevant to the strike, it's just how they do business which is a horrible inhumane way to do things, they should improve the way they do work and make sure they send the details the same day they update the tracker, the whole process is stressful and if they need public support to theier " cause" I.e strike then they need to provide timely professional service. then I would sypmathize/Support thier strike cause. Very frustrated for now.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I'm scheduled for the 27th of April to take Oath, still no details email with a zoom link or anything..... my tracker was updated on the 15th of April, this is a very stressful experience indeed, and it's bizzare that they leave people hanging to only a few days prior to thier Oath ceremony without having the details email with zoom link.

this is irrelevant to the strike, it's just how they do business which is a horrible inhumane way to do things, they should improve the way they do work and make sure they send the details the same day they update the tracker, the whole process is stressful and if they need public support to theier " cause" I.e strike then they need to provide timely professional service. then I would sypmathize/Support thier strike cause. Very frustrated for now.
I know it's really stressful. Looks like they are ignoring applicants without email. No email, no cancellation.

SK8819

Apr 24, 2023
I know it's really stressful. Looks like they are ignoring applicants without email. No email, no cancellation.
tell me about it ! I don't even know what's the email address to contact ! don't know which office managed my application, it's a big mess ! i'm a Toronto Resident and I'm sersiously considering driving down to the IRCC office in Scarborough to see if I can get any info !

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
tell me about it ! I don't even know what's the email address to contact ! don't know which office managed my application, it's a big mess ! i'm a Toronto Resident and I'm sersiously considering driving down to the IRCC office in Scarborough to see if I can get any info !
What the address you got the test email from ? That would give you an idea. Most of the times same office handles it.