+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Oath Ceremony Missed

Member31

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hello Guys,

Due to unforeseen medical circumstance, we missed our Video Oath Ceremony today. This is very upsetting as we all know how badly we wait for this day. I have sent an email to the local CIC office, and hoping to get some assistance from the. But wondering, if anyone has every been in this situation? :confused:

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Guys,

Due to unforeseen medical circumstance, we missed our Video Oath Ceremony today. This is very upsetting as we all know how badly we wait for this day. I have sent an email to the local CIC office, and hoping to get some assistance from the. But wondering, if anyone has every been in this situation? :confused:

Thanks.
As long as you notified IRCC of the reason why you didn't attend oath, you should be fine. IRCC would find another slot for you and provide a new oath date - the question is "when". It could be next week or it could be a couple of months from now, we don't know.

I wish you all the best - Please keep us posted when IRCC responds to your email.

All the best.

Member31

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
As long as you notified IRCC of the reason why you didn't attend oath, you should be fine. IRCC would find another slot for you and provide a new oath date - the question is "when". It could be next week or it could be a couple of months from now, we don't know.

I wish you all the best - Please keep us posted when IRCC responds to your email.

All the best.
Thanks you for your reply. I really hope that the alternate arrangement does not take long, as we had already requested the urgent processing of our application.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram