Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
My son's application is being processed in the Mississauga office. Since it was for minor the process is different since there is no physical presence or test requirements. We were asked to provide an update once we are in Canada and they will schedule the oath. So we came into Canada on 6/13 and shared the immigration stamp that night and we got an update saying a decision was made and the oath has been scheduled for 6/28.
Is your child above 13? Did you inform cic when you left the country(i wonder why they put the oath on hold)?
What happens for the child less than 14? is oath to be taken by parent if applied separately? Any idea?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Is your child above 13? Did you inform cic when you left the country(i wonder why they put the oath on hold)?
What happens for the child less than 14? is oath to be taken by parent if applied separately? Any idea?
If the minor applied along with at least one parent applying for citizenship at the same time (Section 5(2)) AND the child is a minor, the child doesn't need to take oath. In that case, only parents that have applied along with the minor take oath. The citizenship certificate of the minor is sent to the parent.

If the minor applied separately (if parents are already citizens OR neither parent is applying for citizenship at the same time as minor) under section 5(1), then there is no test or oath. The citizenship certificate is sent to the parent.

If the minor is aged above 14 (but less than 18), then the minor has to take the oath in both cases (Sections 5(1) and 5(2) ).

@muralie krishna 's case seems to be under Section 5(1). He is already a citizen and the minor is applying alone (neither parents are applying along with the minor because they are already citizens). Since the minor is aged above 14, the minor has to take oath in his case. The only wait time here is to receive a slot for oath.

Last edited:
Reactions: harirajmohan

muralie krishna

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
I applied for his citizenship under section 5(2) before he turned 18 as a minor and hence he needs to take the oath. Yes, i did declare that was staying with me in the USA all this time and has never resided in Canada after we moved nearly 12 years ago after I got my Citizenship. Once we informed the immigration officer about our arrival on 6/13 he was scheduled for oath on 6/28.

Last edited:
Reactions: harirajmohan

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Details of your application status
Find out what your status means
  • Language skills
    Completed
  • Physical presence
    Completed
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
  • Background verification
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    Completed
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
This is my current status since last week. I called IRCC and they informed me I have been granted however I didn't receive any email or the citizenship ceremony part has not been started. Anyone had the same experience?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
  • Language skills
    Completed
  • Physical presence
    Completed
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    Completed
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
This is my current status since last week. I called IRCC and they informed me I have been granted however I didn't receive any email or the citizenship ceremony part has not been started. Anyone had the same experience?
Many people. It simply means your oath has not yet been scheduled (if there is no oath date in tracker) but it should be fine. This might be the step where there is a bottleneck now since oath slots/resources are currently limited.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yeah I know PR cards are not valid after citizenship, just wanted to keep a souvenir
Haha :) . I have thought about it too but I would recommend cutting it like IRCC asks us and then try to paste the card and keep that as a souvenir. I am NOT throwing my card away, that's for sure.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
I have two PR cards, can I cut the expired one and keep the new one?
You were already required to cut the expired PR card when a new one is received. now for citizenship oath you will cut the new PR in front of the camera.

Vjs90

Oct 22, 2021
  • Language skills
    Completed
  • Physical presence
    Completed
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    Completed
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
After how many days of your background check completion did your status change for prohibition and rest?