+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CITIZENSHIP OATH CEREMONY FINALLY!

ZZDown

Sep 6, 2017
Hey!!! The ceremony was amazing. Obviously a bit less exciting than it would have been in person, but they do their best to still make it special. Registration took from about 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. where they just confirm who you are and you hold all of the requested documents up to the camera, then the ceremony itself took another hour or so. That's it :) Weekend celebrations definitely took place and our neighbours got us to take a shot of maple syrup lol. Nothing will make you feel more Canadian than that! ;)
Congrats, new Canadian! Did they play the anthem during the ceremony?

Reactions: Philly898

kushalk14

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Feb 2016
AOR Received.
24th feb 2016
I was wondering if you can apply for a canadian passport in another country after receiving your citizenship certificate.

ZZDown

Sep 6, 2017
I was wondering if you can apply for a canadian passport in another country after receiving your citizenship certificate.
This is just an assumption, but I see no reason why you would not be able to do that. If you are a Canadian citizen, you can apply for a passport by any means available to other Canadian citizens, which should include situations when your passport expired while you were in another country.

Jun 8, 2021
My ECAS updated after interview and found that oath date is 21st June. But still didn't get any online link or zoom link to participate. would you please share your experience regarding any formal email with online link(Zoom link) from IRCC or CIC?

ZZDown

Sep 6, 2017
My ECAS updated after interview and found that oath date is 21st June. But still didn't get any online link or zoom link to participate. would you please share your experience regarding any formal email with online link(Zoom link) from IRCC or CIC?
Did you register for the Citizenship Application Tracker that is supposed to replace ECAS?

Jun 8, 2021
Did you register for the Citizenship Application Tracker that is supposed to replace ECAS?
Yes, I registered with Citizenship Application Tracker. Would you please let me know is there any formal email I can expect with zoom link after ECAS update regarding oath ceremony? if, yes then how long before the Oath ceremony date?

ZZDown

Sep 6, 2017
Yes, I registered with Citizenship Application Tracker. Would you please let me know is there any formal email I can expect with zoom link after ECAS update regarding oath ceremony?
According to my knowledge, you may first get your status updated, and then you should get an email with your ceremony details, such as what you need to prepare and print, and a link to a zoom meeting. All of this should be in a PDF file attached to the email from IRCC.

Jun 8, 2021
According to my knowledge, you may first get your status updated, and then you should get an email with your ceremony details, such as what you need to prepare and print, and a link to a zoom meeting. All of this should be in a PDF file attached to the email from IRCC.
My status is updated in ECAS at 2 weeks ago. But still I didn't get any formal email with zoom link.

Jun 8, 2021
Scheduled for Citizenship oath

Citizenship ceremony

Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on June 21, 2021. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
But still I didn't get any formal invitation by email (with Zoom link). Does anybody have experience like me for online Oath ceremony updated in EXAS but not yet get any formal email to participation in Oath Ceremony?

ZZDown

Sep 6, 2017
My status is updated in ECAS at 2 weeks ago. But still I didn't get any formal email with zoom link.
I'd point to this page where it says
About 1 to 2 weeks before the ceremony, we’ll send you a notice with the date, time and location. The ceremony will usually take place within 3 months after your test.
Which is a little vague, and it's not 1 week left yet, but if you are really worried, I think you can always send a message to the IRSS email that you previously had communication with and ask them.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Scheduled for Citizenship oath

Citizenship ceremony

Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on June 21, 2021. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.
But still I didn't get any formal invitation by email (with Zoom link). Does anybody have experience like me for online Oath ceremony updated in EXAS but not yet get any formal email to participation in Oath Ceremony?
You will receive an email closer to the date of your oath.

Good luck!

Reactions: Philly898

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
While indeed possible, not sure it’s the best use of your time. Current processing time within Canada (even for non-urgent apps) has been 2 weeks, according to this forum. Outside of Canada, it takes 20 business days, presumably because they are still produced within Canada then shipped back to the consulate.

Philly898

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
I do recall being told that for the virtual oath ceremony itself you are required to be in Canada. But as for applying for a passport I imagine that is possible?