+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CITIZENSHIP OATH CEREMONY FINALLY!

Philly898

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
So 15 years after moving to Canada and 2.5 years after applying for Citizenship, my journey towards becoming a Canadian Citizen is FINALLY coming to fruition :D I just got my notice to appear for the oath next Thursday, June 3rd!! I am beyond excited. Will be blasting the anthem on full volume and there will be poutines and maple syrup everywhere!!!

Thank you to everyone on this forum who helped me along the way and good luck to all the prospective Canadians out there biding their time to become citizens. The wait can be long and frustrating but the end result is an amazing feeling and completely worth it. I am so thankful to live in this beautiful and diverse country.

As a side note - does anyone know off hand how long after the oath ceremony i will be able to apply for my passport? What does that process look like?

Cheers,
Phil

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Congratulations! Welcome to the club!
For your passport question, you'll need to wait for the citizenship certificate to arrive by mail, which may take 2 weeks or more, then mail it again along with the passport application (kinda straightforward...) since there are no Passport Canada offices open for now. Not sure what the delay to get your passport is once you mail your application...

ZZDown

Sep 6, 2017
Hey, what time did you have on your oath invitation, was it a UTC time, or your local time or something else?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So 15 years after moving to Canada and 2.5 years after applying for Citizenship, my journey towards becoming a Canadian Citizen is FINALLY coming to fruition :D I just got my notice to appear for the oath next Thursday, June 3rd!! I am beyond excited. Will be blasting the anthem on full volume and there will be poutines and maple syrup everywhere!!!

Thank you to everyone on this forum who helped me along the way and good luck to all the prospective Canadians out there biding their time to become citizens. The wait can be long and frustrating but the end result is an amazing feeling and completely worth it. I am so thankful to live in this beautiful and diverse country.

As a side note - does anyone know off hand how long after the oath ceremony i will be able to apply for my passport? What does that process look like?

Cheers,
Phil
Congrats! I've updated the spreadsheet!

You'll have to wait for your citizenship certificate to arrive in the mail. Once you get that, you should be able to apply for a passport. Current timelines appear to be 15 - 25 business date from the date of application.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Philly898

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020

Cheers,
Phil
Congrats !! I have been waiting since November 2018 :confused:

eastguy123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
How long is oath ceremony 1 hour? Or 2 hour? I m working Monday to Friday so would hard to get leave. Are they doing it on weekends as well?

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
My oath is at 9:30 a.m. My invitation came from my local processing centre (Kitchener) so I can only imagine it is my local time.
Congratulations!

I have a question. After your test, how long did it take to receive interview and then oath from Kitchener office?

ZZDown

Sep 6, 2017
My oath is at 9:30 a.m. My invitation came from my local processing centre (Kitchener) so I can only imagine it is my local time.
Imagine you had your ceremony yesterday. How'd it go? Ready to accept the congrats and celebrate this weekend?

Rondee

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Burnaby, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 30-01-2015
AOR Received.
23-03-2015
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-03-2015
Passport Req..
28-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-07-2015
Will be blasting the anthem on full volume and there will be poutines and maple syrup everywhere!!!
That made me laugh! Congratulations!

Philly898

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Imagine you had your ceremony yesterday. How'd it go? Ready to accept the congrats and celebrate this weekend?
Hey!!! The ceremony was amazing. Obviously a bit less exciting than it would have been in person, but they do their best to still make it special. Registration took from about 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. where they just confirm who you are and you hold all of the requested documents up to the camera, then the ceremony itself took another hour or so. That's it :) Weekend celebrations definitely took place and our neighbours got us to take a shot of maple syrup lol. Nothing will make you feel more Canadian than that! ;)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey!!! The ceremony was amazing. Obviously a bit less exciting than it would have been in person, but they do their best to still make it special. Registration took from about 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. where they just confirm who you are and you hold all of the requested documents up to the camera, then the ceremony itself took another hour or so. That's it :) Weekend celebrations definitely took place and our neighbours got us to take a shot of maple syrup lol. Nothing will make you feel more Canadian than that! ;)
Congrats and all the very best!