+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship oath ceremony cancelled 2days to the Day!

Molly19

Apr 23, 2019
Glad to find this forum.

Kindly help me members advise on the fate of my Citizenship Application.

- I Applied July 25, 2018
- Started process in October 2018
- Citizenship Test done and passed in Feb 2019.
- Decision made in March 2019 and was sent a letter to attend the Citizenship Oath Ceremony that was for April 2019.
- Just two (02) to the Oath ceremony, i received a call to cancel my attendance.
I thought it was a scammer so i ignored and went for the ceremony only to be told/confirmed that i cant proceed with Oath due to some reasons that will be communicated to me in writing or another date will be set.
- Now my Online status has changed from "Decision Made" back to "In process".
- My PR card expires June 2019 and already made plans to travel in July 2019.
Am so confused, scared and worried on what could have happened. Spent all Easter weekend in tears wondering what to help.:(
Any ideas or advise please and thanks!

Molly19

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Glad to find this forum.

- Decision made in March 2019 and was sent a letter to attend the Citizenship Oath Ceremony that was for April 2019.
- Just two (02) to the Oath ceremony, i received a call to cancel my attendance.
I thought it was a scammer so i ignored and went for the ceremony only to be told/confirmed that i cant proceed with Oath due to some reasons that will be communicated to me in writing or another date will be set.
Am so confused, scared and worried on what could have happened. Spent all Easter weekend in tears wondering what to help.:(

Molly19
Sorry to hear that. Did they tell you the reasons why they cancelled the oath ? Did they not finish the security background checks or residency requirement checks ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Glad to find this forum.

Molly19
You will need to wait for the letter. At this point in time, don't panic.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Glad to find this forum.

Molly19
Send an application to renew your PR card, just in case.

Molly19

Apr 23, 2019
Sorry to hear that. Did they tell you the reasons why they cancelled the oath ? Did they not finish the security background checks or residency requirement checks ?
Dear ******

For some reason out of our control, I would like to let you know that you and your family cannot proceed with the ceremony on April 18, 2019 1.

We will reschedule you as soon everything is in order.

Thank you for comprehension,

The Officer
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

Edmonton

Molly19

Apr 23, 2019
Send an application to renew your PR card, just in case.
I inquired about the PR renewal and I was told I can't have two application running at the same time.

They will either put the citizenship on hold to process the PR card or otherwise.

It's so frustrating at the moment.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I inquired about the PR renewal and I was told I can't have two application running at the same time.

They will either put the citizenship on hold to process the PR card or otherwise.

It's so frustrating at the moment.
I had renewed my PR card renewed while my citizenship application was in process. Received it in 21 days while I was waiting for an oath invite.
It’s your right to renew your PR card. Tell whoever told you that you can’t have two applications running to SHUT UP!

A suggestion:
Don’t be disheartened and lose sleep. This moment will only make you stronger!

Reactions: awai ali

Molly19

Apr 23, 2019
I had renewed my PR card renewed while my citizenship application was in process. Received it in 21 days while I was waiting for an oath invite.
It’s your right to renew your PR card. Tell whoever told you that you can’t have two applications running to SHUT UP!

A suggestion:
Don’t be disheartened and lose sleep. This moment will only make you stronger!
Thanks so much for your kind words and advise.
I will wait patiently with hope for some good news or more details soon.