Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
I am a permanent resident living in Canada since 2010, will become eligible for citizenship next month. I was just checking CIC website to get application forms and procedure for citizenship application. One thing caught my attention is "Language Requirements".

My wife and I, both work in corporate companies in our respective fields and we did cleared IELTS General with a a score of 8 bands each. My question here is: Do we need to reappear for any kind of language tests? OR Is there any way that we do not have to appear for any exam and they consider that language requirements are met. I am not in fear of rewriting any test, but just want prepare in advance for all necessary documentation before submitting application.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you don't need to reappear for any kind of language tests but you need to submit copy of the previous IELTS results. Please browse the flowchart.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/language.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/language-flowchart.asp

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you became permanent residents in 2010, then most likely your IELTS results are already expired. They are only good for 2 years after sitting the exams. You may need to take another english exam to apply for citizenship. This is just my take but please double check with CIC.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

trinatocanada said:
If you became permanent residents in 2010, then most likely your IELTS results are already expired. They are only good for 2 years after sitting the exams. You may need to take another english exam to apply for citizenship. This is just my take but please double check with CIC.
No, for citizenship it doesn't matter how old the IELTs test was.

saqi4you

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
hi
my wife failed citizenship test also refuse from judge in sep 2010
now she want to reapply so she need that Langage requirements or what else
she leve school hare lavel 3

according to this news so what should she do now ?
w w w cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2013/2013-06-03a.asp

Thanks