+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship kids for resident parents

goru10225

Oct 2, 2012
Can please some one guide me that we both parents and one kid are Canadian resident and residency renewed for second term also. We have one more baby he born in canada and he is Canadian citizen.Now we are planing to go back to India and not planing to come back again in canad.
My question is what will effect come on my citizen child or after 18 year if he plan to come back to canada should he come back or not . What happen to his citizenship ? What other difficulties will come when he grown up.
Please some body guide me or suggest me in this regards.

WindsorFeb15Aspirant

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goru10225 said:
Can please some one guide me that we both parents and one kid are Canadian resident and residency renewed for second term also. We have one more baby he born in canada and he is Canadian citizen.Now we are planing to go back to India and not planing to come back again in canad.
My question is what will effect come on my citizen child or after 18 year if he plan to come back to canada should he come back or not . What happen to his citizenship ? What other difficulties will come when he grown up.
Please some body guide me or suggest me in this regards.
As far as I know, your child is a Canadian citizen by birth. He/She can live in any country any time and continue renewing the passport in Canadian consulate. And also can move back to Canada anytime in future without any issues.

femzade

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
WindsorFeb15Aspirant said:
As far as I know, your child is a Canadian citizen by birth. He/She can live in any country any time and continue renewing the passport in Canadian consulate. And also can move back to Canada anytime in future without any issues.
Goru10225,

WindsorFeb15Aspirant advise is correct. In addition, you may want to register him at Canadian High Commission in India as a Canadian resident in India. This will enable him to access support services available to Canadians living in India and he can always renew his passport as well.

Good luck with your move.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
all the best for your move and I hope you are moving for good reasons. In addition to above two suggestions, you would need your kid's OCI in order for your child to live in India like a resident.

Cheers.
V