+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Judge Hearing ...

khansalmankk

May 22, 2014
janoo said:
Well if there is no issue of 1095 days than am sure you will get the oath letter

soon, if you have fail the test and judge said to you than he was testing your

English while talking to you hopefully will be done... stay positive...

Yeah thanks . I am hopeful too .. Lets see when and what will happen :)

tnegm

Dec 10, 2014
Hi khansalmankk..... I want to know what happened with your case... have you received the judge reply? if yes when it was exactly? and what is the reply?
I went thru same processes..... the judge told me the same about the 60 days to reply.... 55 days passed since my interview and I'm so worry.

the interview went smooth, the judge asked me almost same questions you mentioned in your post and gave me at the end small Canadian paper flag.

I'm so worry....why this much time passed? he told he would not take much time to reply>

could you please update me.

regards,

tnegm

Dec 10, 2014
by the way.... for all whom waiting for a hearing with the judge..... I received my appointment after 22 months of waiting. be patient... the will eventually send you an appointment.

medimawla

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
me I received appointment after 40 months of waiting I did my test orally with the judge and I failed after 3 months I received a refusal letter I had to apply again , I applied since 2 months lets wait and see , I hope you will receive your oath letter soon Good Luck

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medimawla said:
me I received appointment after 40 months of waiting I did my test orally with the judge and I failed after 3 months I received a refusal letter I had to apply again , I applied since 2 months lets wait and see , I hope you will receive your oath letter soon Good Luck
At least you received a formal response and were able to move on with a new application...This is me below...
APPLICATION RECEIVED NOV. 2009
PROCESSING SEPT. 2010
FILE TRANSFERRED ST. CLAIR OCT 2010
TEST WRITTEN JAN 2011
RQ RECEIVED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
...three years later...
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014
2nd RQ Request JUL 2014
DOCS RECVD ON AUG 2014.

medimawla

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
i suggest you to go federal court I did mine after 40 months of waiting they transferred my file to CJ and I did my interview if you want I could give you the lawyer name and phone number so at least your file will move for final step

buckshot

Feb 10, 2016
Dears,

I need your advice please. I became a PR in OCT 2012 as skilled immigrant. And stayed in Canada until Aug 2013 with an approximate 300 days, but please kindly read my case.
During that time I was volunteering for Canadian Red Cross and after that I got a job in Ghana for a Canadian International development agency fund from Ottawa and stayed in a disaster area of Ghana for a year until Sept 2013. Then from there after a two month break I got a job working in rural Afghanistan for a Canadian project to reduce maternal mortality and I am still currently there, I had few trips in between to Canada. And in March 2015 I applied for the Citizenship with a help of a lawyer and last month i.e. Jan 2016, I was invited for the test.

I completed and passed the test in Mississauga as I came on an emergency basis to come back to the country, but the officer was so rude that he kept trying me persuade me to withdraw my application but I insisted and he gave me a RQ and now my case shall go to the judge. I did not expect that kind of a treatment for sure. He didnt even read my file or my contributions in hard places for the Government grants and just made up his mind after seeing the days.

I like to also mention that I have 2 masters degree, one from Canada from distance learning, and I am also fluent in French, English and Hindi; further I have intermediate knowledge in Mandarin, Russian and Persian. I am unmarried and 32 yrs old with no kids and I also have an aunt and Uncle in Canada. I also won an organizer medal from Afghan Olympic committee for organizing the first official race compeition in my province, and it was sponsored by Canadian Govt Grant.

So I kindly have few questions, if anyone can please assist me:

1) What are my chances with 300 days of presence, but I have worked on Canadian projects in disaster and War areas for 3 and half years. The projects are worth $ 45 million. I have all my papers and visa copies to prove this.

2) How long will the hearing take me? As without citizenship I cannot apply for high level jobs in Canada? Even though I am completely qualified with my field experiences and languages.

3) Why did they invite me to the test if they had a problem with the number of days?

Here is my timeline:

March 2015: Applied
Jan 2016: Invited for Test and passed
Jan 2016: RQ received
Feb 2016 ( hopefully): RQ sent

I shall really appreciate your comments.

Thanks
Buckshot

CCanadaa

Jan 27, 2016
Buckshot, you were not eligible to apply, so why did you apply anyway? Just because the lawyer said? Dude the lawyer wants your money, not the result of your application, he knew it will be refused and he will get more money from you when he represents you in front of the judge.. My mother did not apply because she had 1093 days, not 1095, so because of two days she has to wait one more year, we knew what will be the result applying with less days..

Your application may take up to 3 years, and then it will be refused by the citizenship judge, even if the citizenship judge gives you a positive answer, CIC minister will appeal the decision and it will be refused at one of the courts... So it's better to withdraw your application...

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
CCanadaa said:
Buckshot, you were not eligible to apply, so why did you apply anyway? Just because the lawyer said? Dude the lawyer wants your money, not the result of your application, he knew it will be refused and he will get more money from you when he represents you in front of the judge.. My mother did not apply because she had 1093 days, not 1095, so because of two days she has to wait one more year, we knew what will be the result applying with less days..

Your application may take up to 3 years, and then it will be refused by the citizenship judge, even if the citizenship judge gives you a positive answer, CIC minister will appeal the decision and it will be refused at one of the courts... So it's better to withdraw your application...
I completely agree with you. The best option for Buckshot is just withdraw wait till he accumulate 1460 or more days to be on safe side before re-applying.

If you have less than required number of days, your processing will be just dragged for over 36 plus months plus another 6 - 8 months for Hearing with Citizenship. In majority of the cases, Citizenship Judges reject the cases, as even if they approve, CIC will appeal.

Dont fall in the attorney's trap, they know well your case is weak but give you false hopes to take your money.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
I think since buckshot has not completed the 1460 days yet; He can continue with the application and simultaneously stay here to complete the mandatory 1460 days; sooner or later he will Hv the CJ; chances are strong to get rejected but still he is not goin to be eligible in 3 years from now... I don't think he is worried about getting the CJ HEARING SOONER AS THERE IS NO SECOND OPTION TO APPLY IMMEDIATELY IN CASE OF REJECTION.

buckshot

Feb 10, 2016
Dears,

I think you guys are right that my case is very weak. :(

But I thought may be somehow my experiences in conflict and disaster areas would have counted as I am still in Afghanistan. I thought it would be a better option to apply and see what happens. Since, I cannot be a part of the government jobs or Foreign office jobs until I am a citizen even though I have all the qualifications needed by the Canadian Govt.

Also since the migrant issue is very hot, therefore I was assuming that working for the welfare and development of the people in conflict countries abroad on the Govt grant would have given some weight to my application. And the lawyer was willing to take this case as he saw some hope in this case.

My lawyer says he is going to approach a Minister, but who knows what will happen. We can only hope for the best.

Does anyone have any good ideas how I can strengthen the application. I know it is a tough scenario.

It seems it will take a long time.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
buckshot said:
Dears,

I think you guys are right that my case is very weak. :(

But I thought may be somehow my experiences in conflict and disaster areas would have counted as I am still in Afghanistan. I thought it would be a better option to apply and see what happens. Since, I cannot be a part of the government jobs or Foreign office jobs until I am a citizen even though I have all the qualifications needed by the Canadian Govt.

Also since the migrant issue is very hot, therefore I was assuming that working for the welfare and development of the people in conflict countries abroad on the Govt grant would have given some weight to my application. And the lawyer was willing to take this case as he saw some hope in this case.

My lawyer says he is going to approach a Minister, but who knows what will happen. We can only hope for the best.

Does anyone have any good ideas how I can strengthen the application. I know it is a tough scenario.

It seems it will take a long time.
You should worry about keeping your PR status. 3 out of 5 years physical presence in Canada

buckshot

Feb 10, 2016
Yeah I know, my service is over in July would come back to Canada and then face another issue. Imagine working for the Govt in hardcore places and coming back to such several issues.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
buckshot said:
Yeah I know, my service is over in July would come back to Canada and then face another issue. Imagine working for the Govt in hardcore places and coming back to such several issues.
Were you working for the Canadian government project or Canadian govt. sponsored project of some NGO which runs on Canadian grants? It would make a lot of difference if it was directly with Canadian government such as federal govt. agencies etc. But any NGO on Canadian govt. grant seems difficult as you know your case better than anyone else.
You have to note one thing, the IRCC designated person assessing your file is doing " Quantitative Analysis " with some parameters & benchmarks such as number of days. They are not even qualified to analyze it properly if credit has to be given for those absences. There may be no appraisal for the officer at the end of the day so he is motivated to present your file positively or negatively. One of the few reasons file are just sitting under the name of background check, queue etc. The person may not be authorized to do Qualitative analysis such was on what project, worth of project etc.

Regarding your reason, that you are not qualified to work in " high level jobs " in Canada with no citizenship; do you have any offer from such related jobs which states that you need Canadian citizenship. I think those jobs are only in cbsa, and few agencies. Others states that only resident of Canada as requirement. Not sure if you can present it more affectively.
My travel had been for a Canadian corporation as am into international trade. I expected them to give me credit for the number of days I have been absent though only few days intermittently. My travel was temporary for only few days and different countries at a time sometimes 3-5 different countries for short durations.
I have tonnes of documents and are ready whenever they want, but I know its difficult for them to even look at it qualitatively.