+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Judge Hearing waiting time ::) ???

tintin

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
quasar81 said:
How to meet the judge and know if he suggest reapply.Just curious how to work that out.
I waited for 39months before seeing a judge. It was silly of me to have waited that long. I should have withdrawn my application and reapplied as I qualified all along.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
stone8198 said:
Mine refered in Feb 2016.

Applied May 2015.

When i i asked them about my file, they said it has been refered for CJ and they cannot say how long it may take.

All of you who have their ATIPs, can you check what is the due date for your files? Mines Feb2017.

When i had initially applied it was July 2016, but after CJ hearing requirement it got updated to Feb 2017.
I have contacted MPs and New immigration minister and they say there is no shortage of Citizenship Judge. So how come so high(1-2yr wait)???

Can you contact your MP and new Immigration minister, and find out....

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
My ecas got updated yesterday and i'm scheduled for the judge, "We sent you a notice on August 3, 2017 to appear for an interview with a citizenship judge on September 27, 2017." wish me luck.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ecas got updated yesterday and i'm scheduled for the judge, "We sent you a notice on August 3, 2017 to appear for an interview with a citizenship judge on September 27, 2017." wish me luck.
Good luck with your case.
All should be good with a positive outcome bro

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015

Hi Jaroddz,

I also got a letter to appear before a citizenship judge. Any idea what kind of questions to expect or how are you preparing?

Taname

Jun 24, 2017
Hi guys, if you received RQ and your application is on hold.. can you apply for PR renewal while your application is on Hold for RQ.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Hi Jaroddz,

I also got a letter to appear before a citizenship judge. Any idea what kind of questions to expect or how are you preparing?
Hi Mama800,
Sorry to hear that, each case is different, but if i have to guess for my application is because of the US green card (i visited US 5 times for few hours in 3 years, and never spent night ), other than that i don't really know why i've been scheduled for the CJ hearing or what's the issue, my lawyer reviwed my file couple times and she can't see anything odd or off in my application.

BTW, when your hearing is schedule for ? and what CIC office?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Today i recevied my ATIP and there's a new under correspondence / outgoing / document: Notice to the Minister of the Decision of the Citizenship Judge – Section 5 / ...(french version), that was put in right after (almost at the same time) the event : Notice to apprear - Hearing with a citizenship judge.
I'm still scheduled in september 27 for the judge hearin, any idea what's that? Does that mean the decision has alreday been made?.
Thanks,

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Hello guys,
After almost 3 years, it almost over, the judge approved my application and today i got my ecas updated with the oath ceremony date January 12, 2018, unbelievable, special thanks to dpenbill for his precious advice.
i hope my experience will help others.
Thanks again for your support.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Hello,
Yesterday I took the oath and became a proud Canadian citizen, I would to thank all the members for their help and support through out the process, and I will be more then happy to pay it back to the forum in form of help /advice if needed based on my experience (i’m Not a lawyer or an Immigration expert :) ), again another huge thanks for dpenabill.
Thanks and good luck to everyone

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Hello,
Yesterday I took the oath and became a proud Canadian citizen, I would to thank all the members for their help and support through out the process, and I will be more then happy to pay it back to the forum in form of help /advice if needed based on my experience (i’m Not a lawyer or an Immigration expert :) ), again another huge thanks for dpenabill.
Thanks and good luck to everyone
Congrats!!

Was the biggest delay the appointment with Judge?