+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Judge Hearing waiting time ::) ???

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Hello,

i'm starting a new topic about the Citizenship Judge Hearing waiting time, my application was referred to residency hearing but not scheduled yet, please share your experience and ho long it took you to see a CJ from the test date.

Thanks,

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
I had passed test last Aug '15. For CJ hearing it may never be fast. When I ordered ATIP requesting same info how much time it could take; it was staggering anywhere between 18-36 months. My request was for Scarborough and Mississauga citizenship offices. This is due to lack of judges.
If residency hearing for number of days; you can take wise decision as hearing will take while.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Exports said:
I had passed test last Aug '15. For CJ hearing it may never be fast. When I ordered ATIP requesting same info how much time it could take; it was staggering anywhere between 18-36 months. My request was for Scarborough and Mississauga citizenship offices. This is due to lack of judges.
If residency hearing for number of days; you can take wise decision as hearing will take while.
Hi Exports,

Thanks for sharing, i'm not short in days but i don't know why i was scheduled for hearing neither my lawyer after checking all the documents that i submitted, i passed the test back in December, 2015.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my ATIP today and I have been referred for hearing for residency. The status was updated on April 29 2016 and no news for them yet.
Jaroddz said:
Hi Exports,

Thanks for sharing, i'm not short in days but i don't know why i was scheduled for hearing neither my lawyer after checking all the documents that i submitted, i passed the test back in December, 2015.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you think it will take that long for hearing from the judge, I mean 18 to 36 months. That's absurd. Better to withdraw and reapply I guess.
Jaroddz said:
i was referred back i June 2016, but still nothing yet.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Initially, even I thought the same that it is absurd for CJ hearing to wait 18-36 months. I enquired through ATIP specifically for Mississauga & Scarborough; it was to and fro communication and even I had an opportunity to talk with an officer and she was kind enough to reiterate it. CJ hearing is mostly for Residency hearings that mean if the officer is not satisfied with the physical residence.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
andrew7007 said:
Do you think it will take that long for hearing from the judge, I mean 18 to 36 months. That's absurd. Better to withdraw and reapply I guess.
I was trying to get same answers from the CIC but here what i got:

" Dear Client,

According to your electronic record it appears your application is currently in process but has been referred for a residency hearing. Unfortunately we do not have processing times for residency hearings but based on previous applications it appears the hearing will take place between 12-24 months from the date of referral. Your application is considered non-routine and based on previous processing times non-routine applications were completed within 36 months from the date of receipt. For more information please visit our website www.cic.gc.ca. Thank you for your patience, this inquiry will be closed.

Regards,

Ontario Regional Network
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada "

I will let you comment... :mad:

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Try to understand this is generic email. 36 months for non-routine is not sure ( if it includes time frame of CJ hearing also- lets say in 26 month after application you pass the test- then referred for CJ hearing- does it mean that IRCC will put you in CJ processing within 10 months to complete 36 months- NO)- For CJ hearing it is 12-36 months depending upon the office which is handling. So make wise decision as nowadays processing is done faster- I have seen few in 4-6 months also.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Exports said:
Try to understand this is generic email. 36 months for non-routine is not sure ( if it includes time frame of CJ hearing also- lets say in 26 month after application you pass the test- then referred for CJ hearing- does it mean that IRCC will put you in CJ processing within 10 months to complete 36 months- NO)- For CJ hearing it is 12-36 months depending upon the office which is handling. So make wise decision as nowadays processing is done faster- I have seen few in 4-6 months also.
like you said it's a generic email and i believe the content is useless and don't provided anything logic, my lawyer took over my case in October 2016 and he's asking me to give him sometime to address that, his first contact with CIC will be in beginning December to inquire about the case after he sent all the supporting documents all over again, let's wait and see before i make a decision of withdrawing and re-applying again.

Thanks,

stone8198

May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine refered in Feb 2016.

Applied May 2015.

When i i asked them about my file, they said it has been refered for CJ and they cannot say how long it may take.

All of you who have their ATIPs, can you check what is the due date for your files? Mines Feb2017.

When i had initially applied it was July 2016, but after CJ hearing requirement it got updated to Feb 2017.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
stone8198 said:
Mine refered in Feb 2016.

Applied May 2015.

When i i asked them about my file, they said it has been refered for CJ and they cannot say how long it may take.

All of you who have their ATIPs, can you check what is the due date for your files? Mines Feb2017.

When i had initially applied it was July 2016, but after CJ hearing requirement it got updated to Feb 2017.
What section that tells you that date?

stone8198

May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
under eligibility section.

it will be the section which you have not passed or is in process.

u can see the due date there.

Jaroddz said:
What section that tells you that date?

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
stone8198 said:
under eligibility section.

it will be the section which you have not passed or is in process.

u can see the due date there.
Well under that section I can see the due that passed April 2016 :(.