+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Judge Hearing 19 days mising

Taygury

Sep 9, 2007
Hi All

I applied at Jun 2015 and got a residency questioner at December in an Interview in the same day I did the test and passed , The officer told me that I will go to a hearing with a citizenship judge since I miss 19 days out of the 1095 days , I was helping my Mother, She had Cancer and I have a document from the hospital abroad about it.

The officer told me that It might take up to 8 months to set an appointment or that the appointment will be at 8 months from that date ...I don't remember.

Does any person could help me in what could happen, I have heard that a judge might disapprove but I could go against the decision, Is this right?

What do you advise me.

I really appreciate you help.

Best regards.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Hi the best advise I can give you is withdraw and reapply.

I see that you also received RQ by which I assume that you have applied under the old rules?

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
I am saying that on the basis of the experience of many people who have shared their stories with citizenship Judges... first a lot of time will elapse before the actual appointment and second the chances are not that good for positive ending.

Most probably you will regret at the end for all the time wasted waiting all that slow bureaucracy to unfold.

Taygury

Sep 9, 2007
What about the qualitative test (typically the so-called Koo criteria), I was 7 years in Canada before applying.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Taygury said:
What about the qualitative test (typically the so-called Koo criteria), I was 7 years in Canada before applying.
Recently from the shared stories is more likely the CJ to apply the actual presence test.
The main problem also is that it can take one or two years before the CJ appointment.

But at the end it is your decision if you want to take this long and unknown road with the CJ scenario.

I would definitely withdraw if I was in your situation

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
I am waiting for almost 5+ months for the CJ hearing after the test. Was told by CO that it would be approx 3 months for the CJ hearing after the test but it is taking long and no time farm provided. AGLEAST YOUR CO TOLD U SOMEWHAT TRUE THAT IT CUD BE 8 months. However, mine is self declared Less days with far more less days than required 1095.

Issue is about patience as no timeframe provided. I will wait to complete 6 months and see if it is anytime sooner and then decide to withdraw and reapply etc.
My office is Scarborough. Which is yours?

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Exports said:
Issue is about patience as no timeframe provided.

Yes this is the real problem. I was reading so many times OB and official sources and there are NONE MANDATORY DEADLINES FOR THEM TO FOLLOW.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Taygury said:
In case Would withdraw then do we get all the documents we provided with application back?
At least I didn't heard of such returned documents in case of withdrawal.