+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship - Is it possible to drop off additional documents in person?

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
PER: 09-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since October 2012. Landed as a PR on March 8th 2014.
Hey all,

I was one of the 'lucky' few to get "randomly selected" to provide all the extra info that has been requested for my citizenship application as part of the random quality assurance exercise.

Does anyone know if it's possible to drop off all these documents in person to the Scarborough office?

I know the answer to dropping off applications in person is no, but I was wondering if that's any different if it's for additional documents that they've requested?

I'd prefer to drop it off because then I know it definitely won't get lost in transit (safety reasons with all the personal info and I don't want to have to prepare it all again) and to save on the postage since it'll probably be quite heavy (see my other thread for what they're asking for).

I was tempted to send a case specific enquiry to ask, but thought I'd post here first to see if anyone knew.

Oh, and do I need to tell them about a birth? Our second child was just born a few days ago (both Canadian born). I'd have to go back and check the application but I don't think the new one actually asked about kids for an adult application. So I'm assuming not!

Thanks,

Graham.

Felonious.Spunk

Jun 28, 2017
I sent mine by Canada Post with tracking number, to the attention of the agent whose name was on the request. The agent commented on how quickly I'd gotten it back to them.

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
I sent mine by Canada Post with tracking number, to the attention of the agent whose name was on the request. The agent commented on how quickly I'd gotten it back to them.
Just sent mine off yesterday - should arrive today. Mine didn't have the name of a specific agent, but rather just "Citizenship Official".

I got it back as soon as I possibly could. Unfortunately the entry/exit records from the UK took a while to receive, but I got it sent within a day of receiving those as I had everything else prepared. I had been advised it was best to have everything sent in one go, rather than bit by bit. It probably took a month from the day I actually received the letter (albeit the letter was dated about 2 weeks before that!), so still should be there in plenty of time.

When you say the agent commented on how quickly you got it back to them, in what format did you get that comment? Did they call you, email you, etc.? Just wondering what I should expect next... do they acknowledge it, do they let you know it's all ok, etc.?

Thanks!

Graham.

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
Just during the interview after the test, the agent said he was happy to have it back so quickly.
Ah, makes sense!

How quickly did things move after returning all the quality assurance documentation? I'm expecting a long time, but sounds like you were fairly quick! What sort of turnaround time was it from you sending them till the next steps? Was it all done recently for you?

Is your office Scarborough, or somewhere else?

Thanks!

Graham.

Felonious.Spunk

Jun 28, 2017
Mine was not the quality assurance process, per se, just some missing trips from the physical presence calculator. Details are all in the citizenship spreadsheet under the June 2017 applicants tab.

Maple_2017

Jan 24, 2018
Ah, makes sense!

How quickly did things move after returning all the quality assurance documentation? I'm expecting a long time, but sounds like you were fairly quick! What sort of turnaround time was it from you sending them till the next steps? Was it all done recently for you?

Is your office Scarborough, or somewhere else?

Thanks!

Graham.
Hi Graham,
I too got QA document, I have almost have all the documents except the OHIP health insurance details. I sent the request last week.
I am also thinking of personally dropping the documents to citizenship officer in Scarborough town center. Is it allowed? You were thinking the same?
How much time does it takes for the OHIP health details to come back.
Thanks in advance.

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
Hi Graham,
I too got QA document, I have almost have all the documents except the OHIP health insurance details. I sent the request last week.
I am also thinking of personally dropping the documents to citizenship officer in Scarborough town center. Is it allowed? You were thinking the same?
How much time does it takes for the OHIP health details to come back.
Thanks in advance.
I did ask around and from what I could find out, they don't allow it (they may have in the past). So rather than wasting a trip, I sent it via Purolator last night and it arrived this morning.

As far as the OHIP details, I mailed it to them on December 20th, and it was received on December 21st in the morning (I sent it express post or something just to get it there before the holidays). The return letter I received is dated December 21st, which seems to suggest they acted upon it the day they received it and the date at the top of each summary page lines up with that. Honestly, I forget what day I received it back but it was either between Christmas and New Year, or very shortly after New Year. Either way, it was pretty quick, considering the holiday period.

Hope this helps.

Graham.

Maple_2017

Jan 24, 2018
I did ask around and from what I could find out, they don't allow it (they may have in the past). So rather than wasting a trip, I sent it via Purolator last night and it arrived this morning.

As far as the OHIP details, I mailed it to them on December 20th, and it was received on December 21st in the morning (I sent it express post or something just to get it there before the holidays). The return letter I received is dated December 21st, which seems to suggest they acted upon it the day they received it and the date at the top of each summary page lines up with that. Honestly, I forget what day I received it back but it was either between Christmas and New Year, or very shortly after New Year. Either way, it was pretty quick, considering the holiday period.

Hope this helps.

Graham.
Thank You. Appreciate your response. Best of luck.

Maple_2017

Jan 24, 2018

Hope this helps.

Graham.
Hi Graham,
Have you heard back anything about next steps, timelines, after you submitted all QA documents?

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
Hi Graham,
Have you heard back anything about next steps, timelines, after you submitted all QA documents?
Nope, nothing yet. According to tracking, it was received on January 24th. Online status still shows 'in process'.

Not sure what kind of timeline to expect, so I'm just "patiently..." waiting ;-)

Have you managed to complete and send yours yet?

Graham.

Maple_2017

Jan 24, 2018
Nope, nothing yet. According to tracking, it was received on January 24th. Online status still shows 'in process'.

Not sure what kind of timeline to expect, so I'm just "patiently..." waiting ;-)

Have you managed to complete and send yours yet?

Graham.
Sending today. Good luck Graham. Keep us updated on this post.

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........