+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship interviews - Tips, Recent experiencess and impressions

Mancity

Apr 7, 2017
Why would they need that? They already asked u to give consent to check your tax filing history directly from CRA. I think people just over think this whole thing.
yes she asked me my tax filling..... I don't know what you're talking abt people just over think this whole thing..... Every case is different depending on the interviewer..... I repeat myself i was asked income tax (Tax filling history) Period....

Last edited:

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
yes she asked me my tax filling..... I don't know what you're talking abt people just over think this whole thing..... Every case is different depending on the interviewer..... I repeat myself i was asked income tax (Tax filling history) Period....
Guess your interviewer was just making stuff up then. Ever thought about why they asked for CRA consent.

spat71

Dec 6, 2017
Hello,
I'm taking my test in one week, and I have a question about the "original documents" they ask for. I know that means PR card, record of landing, passport, and proof of language. Do I also have to bring the "original" copy of my application? I sent a paper one but have just assumed that the electronic copy of it is what I would need going forward.
Do I have to bring a paper copy of my Physical Presence calculation?
Thanks in advance if anyone can answer - I'm paranoid about showing up with the wrong stuff .

Reactions: Canehdian Girl

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Hello,
I'm taking my test in one week, and I have a question about the "original documents" they ask for. I know that means PR card, record of landing, passport, and proof of language. Do I also have to bring the "original" copy of my application? I sent a paper one but have just assumed that the electronic copy of it is what I would need going forward.
Do I have to bring a paper copy of my Physical Presence calculation?
Thanks in advance if anyone can answer - I'm paranoid about showing up with the wrong stuff .

Hei Spat,

Its not difficult, just bring.

1.Your PR Card, Record of Landing document & Language Proof if u lost Language proof document they will issue you replacement.

2.You don't need to bring copy of your application at all but if you have it with you still I would store have it in my Email and read through the day before as they will surely ask you addresses, travel history and employment dates and you must match verbal questions they ask you with your application.

coshx

May 8, 2013
Hei Spat,

Its not difficult, just bring.

1.Your PR Card, Record of Landing document & Language Proof if u lost Language proof document they will issue you replacement.

2.You don't need to bring copy of your application at all but if you have it with you still I would store have it in my Email and read through the day before as they will surely ask you addresses, travel history and employment dates and you must match verbal questions they ask you with your application.
Well, in addition to what has been said, I will advise you to carry all the originals of documents you submitted in your application including a copy of the application form itself. This is not because of the test but for the interview after the test. Your case officer will bring out your file & open it before you. They already have some questions penned down. Usually, it goes smooth without hassle. Questions like "what do you do? where do you work? where do you live? when did you first come to Canada? what was your status then? Where was your point of entry to Canada? are what they will ask". So have no fear. However in case they have serious questions, you will need those original documents to bail you out. Don't forget all your international passports and stamp translations. The officer will go through each passport page one after the other.

Hope this helps! Proudly Canadian.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Well, in addition to what has been said, I will advise you to carry all the originals of documents you submitted in your application including a copy of the application form itself. This is not because of the test but for the interview after the test. Your case officer will bring out your file & open it before you. They already have some questions penned down. Usually, it goes smooth without hassle. Questions like "what do you do? where do you work? where do you live? when did you first come to Canada? what was your status then? Where was your point of entry to Canada? are what they will ask". So have no fear. However in case they have serious questions, you will need those original documents to bail you out. Don't forget all your international passports and stamp translations. The officer will go through each passport page one after the other.

Hope this helps! Proudly Canadian.
Question for those who were in a similar situation: as language proof I provided my expired IELTS (from PR application), as well as original sealed transcripts form university (I know I didn't need to provide two proofs, but did anyway). For the interview, I obviously don't have the transcripts because I sent them with my application. Was anyone in a similar situation ? And if so, how did you deal with it ?

Ordering another set of transcripts seems like a waste. I will be taking my original IELTS score sheet however, whenever the time comes.

coshx

May 8, 2013
Question for those who were in a similar situation: as language proof I provided my expired IELTS (from PR application), as well as original sealed transcripts form university (I know I didn't need to provide two proofs, but did anyway). For the interview, I obviously don't have the transcripts because I sent them with my application. Was anyone in a similar situation ? And if so, how did you deal with it ?

Ordering another set of transcripts seems like a waste. I will be taking my original IELTS score sheet however, whenever the time comes.
You don't have to re-order another transcript. I included copy of my Canadian degree certificate and also a sealed academic transcript when I submitted my application. The officer in CPC - Sydney had it opened already and my local case officer didn't discuss about it even though I saw it during the interview. You can carry your IELTS result with you but I don't think you will use it, just for back up only. I did not go with another transcript to the interview. I only went there with my original degree certificate in case it was asked.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
You don't have to re-order another transcript. I included copy of my Canadian degree certificate and also a sealed academic transcript when I submitted my application. The officer in CPC - Sydney had it opened already and my local case officer didn't discuss about it even though I saw it during the interview. You can carry your IELTS result with you but I don't think you will use it, just for back up only. I did not go with another transcript to the interview. I only went there with my original degree certificate in case it was asked.
Awesome. Thank you!

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017

well my advise to you is never send unnecessary documents (original sealed transcripts). Expired Ielts work perfectly as we know all and its stated in guide lines too. I also had sent copy of expired Ielts and in my interview nobody even asked about any English language proof or Ielts. I din't have original expired Ielts in interview. They have other important concerns than this English language. They judge you from your speaking power. Do not over do the things...

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
well my advise to you is never send unnecessary documents (original sealed transcripts). Expired Ielts work perfectly as we know all and its stated in guide lines too. I also had sent copy of expired Ielts and in my interview nobody even asked about any English language proof or Ielts. I din't have original expired Ielts in interview. They have other important concerns than this English language. They judge you from your speaking power. Do not over do the things...
Thanks! I agree not to send unnecessary docs. I shouldn't have. I had already ordered the transcripts a month before C6 was implemented, so I sent it. That's the only document that i sent, that probably wasn't needed.

Reactions: Marvin101