+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview

Citizinmrs

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
I'm new here
I had my test / interview today and it was a very bitter experience.
Even though I passed the test 19/20
The interview was drilling.
Apparently I got sponsored by my ex husband and i remarried but not after a divorce .
Even though I rectified it later by divorcing and remarrying again .
This office told me there is something on my file that I am not telling her.and she refused to tell me what it is. I explained everything to her but she insisted she will look into it and get back to me .
I have been a nervous reck since my interview . I don't know the outcome of this .
Does this seem like the will be refusing my application and yanking me off my permanent residence ?
Anyone has this experience ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I'm new here
I had my test / interview today and it was a very bitter experience.
Even though I passed the test 19/20
The interview was drilling.
Apparently I got sponsored by my ex husband and i remarried but not after a divorce .
Even though I rectified it later by divorcing and remarrying again .
This office told me there is something on my file that I am not telling her.and she refused to tell me what it is. I explained everything to her but she insisted she will look into it and get back to me .
I have been a nervous reck since my interview . I don't know the outcome of this .
Does this seem like the will be refusing my application and yanking me off my permanent residence ?
Anyone has this experience ?
I'm sorry to hear that you had a hard time during the interview.
However, for more than a few people, it's a time that their past can catch up with them.
It is one of the citizenship officers roles to check out the applicant and see if there are discrepancies in their current and previous dealings with IRCC.
If there was any fraud or misrepresentation in acquiring PR status, this is when it often comes to light.

Let's hope that there are no skeletons in your closet...

Citizinmrs

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
I'm sorry to hear that you had a hard time during the interview.
However, for more than a few people, it's a time that their past can catch up with them.
It is one of the citizenship officers roles to check out the applicant and see if there are discrepancies in their current and previous dealings with IRCC.
If there was any fraud or misrepresentation in acquiring PR status, this is when it often comes to light.

Let's hope that there are no skeletons in your closet...
No fraud.

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
I understand you are seeking re-assurance, but truth is; it doesn't look good. How long after becoming PR did you re-marry? Do you have children from your first marriage?

Citizinmrs

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
I understand you are seeking re-assurance, but truth is; it doesn't look good. How long after becoming PR did you re-marry? Do you have children from your first marriage?
I remarried over 1 year after becoming PR. Went through abuse from my ex. I did not have kids because I had fibroids and that was why my ex broke us because it was hard for me to conceive. But after 6 years now I have a child from my 2nd marriage.
Why do you say it doesn't look good. Is it a crime to divorce.?
Or what part of the immigration rules says one should not divorce.
If they contact my ex I am sure he will tell them he was the one who was not intrested.
Why should I stay in a marriage that I wasn't happy and I was been abused ?
Why does it have to even be a determinant for my citizenship?

And why is everyone so judgemental about people's predicaments even the citizenship officers and people reading posts.
Either ways I will keep you posted on the result.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The interview is grilling because a country is giving you citizenship. It’s the officer job to look into anything about the applicant , because it’s awfully hard to take away that citizenship once it’s bestowed . If there’s no skeletons in the closet , then you should really not be nervous .
I’m always bewildered when people think that the government isn’t going to look into everything about a persons application before giving them citizenship
It ain’t a library card everyone has applied for.

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Nothing wrong with divorcing, but evidently there is something in your notes that drew the attention of the officer which could or could not be related to your marital status. As others have mentioned, if everything is in order you have nothing to fear.

Last edited:

Citizinmrs

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
I remarried 1 year after becoming PR. Went through abuse from my ex. I did not have kids because I had fibroids and that was why my ex broke us because it was hard for me to conceive. But after 6 years now I have a child from my 2nd marriage.
Why do you say it doesn't look good. Is it a crime to divorce.?
Or what part of the immigration rules says one should not divorce.
If they contact my ex I am sure he will tell them he was the one whonwas not intrested.
Why should I stay in a marriage that I wasn't happy and I was been abused ?
Why does it have to even be a determinant for my citizenship?

And why is everyone so judgemental about people's predicaments even the citizenship officers and people reading posts.
Either ways I will keep you posted on the result.
Nothing wrong with divorcing, but evidently there is something in your notes that drew the attention of the officer which could or could not be related to your marital status. As others have mentioned, if everything is in order you have nothing to fear.
It was the fact that I did not complete my divorce before remarrying .
And I did the right thing after .
She refused to tell me what it was so I can address it but I am 100%sure that's was the reason .
Thanks

Citizinmrs

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
The interview is grilling because a country is giving you citizenship. It’s the officer job to look into anything about the applicant , because it’s awfully hard to take away that citizenship once it’s bestowed . If there’s no skeletons in the closet , then you should really not be nervous .
I’m always bewildered when people think that the government isn’t going to look into everything about a persons application before giving them citizenship
It ain’t a library card everyone has applied for.
Yes. I wasn't just expecting it to be that bad. I have read here that it takes 1mins interview.
Guess I was wrong.

Citizinmrs

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
I am still waiting for there correspondence . I will go from there.
I have evidence of all my documents.
I married before my divorce. I'm I the only one who has made such a big mistake ? I wonder if I will be punished for this .

Citizinmrs

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Wooop got my oath request today. Awesome news. Thanks to everyone who tried to say comforting words and no thanks to the judge judys.
For future refrence anyone who has gone through my experience I'll say stay positive and let God fight for you. I made my mistakes but still mercy said NO.
On my final road to immigration . Yasssss!