+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship interview request

anisha11

May 24, 2024
Hello everyone, I applied for Canadian citizenship. After applying, I travelled outside Canada and is staying there for around 7 months. My citizenship test was cleared and now after 4 months I have invited for in-person. I am concern if I need a PCC as one of my friend advised to get it because I was outside Canada for more than 6 months but cic did not ask me yet. Do I need a PCC? I was worried for interview as well.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello everyone, I applied for Canadian citizenship. After applying, I travelled outside Canada and is staying there for around 7 months. My citizenship test was cleared and now after 4 months I have invited for in-person. I am concern if I need a PCC as one of my friend advised to get it because I was outside Canada for more than 6 months but cic did not ask me yet. Do I need a PCC? I was worried for interview as well.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/meeting-with-citizenship-officer.789728/post-10420661

Ybass98

Mar 21, 2022
In my experience i applied for citizenship and travelled for more than 7 months outside canada, and was not asked for a PCC for that duration during the interview, however it would not be bad to get one just in case.

In my interview the officer went over my passport and stamps

anisha11

May 24, 2024
In my experience i applied for citizenship and travelled for more than 7 months outside canada, and was not asked for a PCC for that duration during the interview, however it would not be bad to get one just in case.

How was your interview? Can you share your experience please? How did it go and which city were you located then? How long it took for oath later?

Ybass98

Mar 21, 2022
I took the interview online from Ottawa, but im pretty sure i was Mississauga office.

The officer started by asking where i was taking the interview and asked for identifications (Drivers License and PR), she then asked to go over the passport stamps as i was asked to submit all passport pages before hand and translated. There was one entry that didn't have a corresponding stamp, and she stated that she contacted immigration and they dont have a record of me entering, however i had anticipated this stamp problem and prepared my boarding card to canada for this entry and at the same time i was a student in-class so i showed her my transcript as proof of me being in the country. She said she'll look into it more.

After the interview i reached out to border services and requested en entry record and it showed that i entered but they just didn't stamp my passport, so i submitted it to immigration, my interview was august 2023 and i did my oath May 2024, however my application was non-routine and im guessing it was for the passport stamps

anisha11

May 24, 2024
I took the interview online from Ottawa, but im pretty sure i was Mississauga office.

The officer started by asking where i was taking the interview and asked for identifications (Drivers License and PR), she then asked to go over the passport stamps as i was asked to submit all passport pages before hand and translated. There was one entry that didn't have a corresponding stamp, and she stated that she contacted immigration and they dont have a record of me entering, however i had anticipated this stamp problem and prepared my boarding card to canada for this entry and at the same time i was a student in-class so i showed her my transcript as proof of me being in the country. She said she'll look into it more.

After the interview i reached out to border services and requested en entry record and it showed that i entered but they just didn't stamp my passport, so i submitted it to immigration, my interview was august 2023 and i did my oath May 2024, however my application was non-routine and im guessing it was for the passport stamps
Ohh really? They didn’t stamp mine canada entry as well.