+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview Question

ahmedtiko

Sep 26, 2019
Your invitation PDF only had 2 pages? Because mine had 4, the last 2 pages were the request letter with the translation instructions.

Your case seems unusual. IMO, these are the pains of a pilot program. Sometimes even the officers themselves are not consistent.

You have the right idea by getting the translations done for peace of mind. Or email your officer for clarification, perhaps.
My Invitation came in the email body, the attachment is a 3-page word document for "consent" to do the interview virtually. No PDFs attached!

The email body mentions that Before attending this event, you are also required to submit your documents as instructed in the NOTICE TO APPLICANT - REQUEST FOR SUPPLEMENTARY EVIDENCE form sent with this invitation.[If applicable] which in my case it's not applicable, I have no other attachments.

I have already gone ahead and emailed my case officer. I am just clarifying my invite situation for others who might be going through something similar.

Thanks

ahmedtiko

Sep 26, 2019
just to update the thread: my case officer told me to have a certified translator translate the passport stamps and have them ready for the time of the interview!

Reactions: Hapique

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Glad you got that sorted out directly from your officer. Maybe they just honestly forgot to include that instruction since this is still very new for them as well. :) Good info for everyone to have these prepared.

Reactions: ahmedtiko

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Do the passport page copies have to be a certified copy from a notary or can I take a photocopy and send to the translator?

ahmedtiko

Sep 26, 2019
Do the passport page copies have to be a certified copy from a notary or can I take a photocopy and send to the translator?
The passport pages themselves don't need to be certified, the translator will translate the stamps and them mail you your translated documents that will be certified.

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
The passport pages themselves don't need to be certified, the translator will translate the stamps and them mail you your translated documents that will be certified.
ok so once the certified translation is done, do I need to take it to notary? or is certified translation done in Canada is good enough?

max_0300

Apr 27, 2011
Hello Everyone, Just wondering if anyone here recently went through the interview with the officer after passing the citizenship test ?. I received an invite to attend the citizenship interview with the officer and in the PDF attachment they provided a URL for Microsoft teams but when I client on the URL it gives me an option to either use the browser or the application installed on the laptop for teams. However, regardless of which option I select i.e. application or web it does not allow an option to join the meeting. Just wondering if anyone faced this issue ? or is it because I am trying to join the meeting significantly earlier then the scheduled date/time. I want to ensure that everything is functional on my end to avoid any last moment hick ups.

mmmmmm6

Mar 12, 2022
Hello Everyone, Just wondering if anyone here recently went through the interview with the officer after passing the citizenship test ?. I received an invite to attend the citizenship interview with the officer and in the PDF attachment they provided a URL for Microsoft teams but when I client on the URL it gives me an option to either use the browser or the application installed on the laptop for teams. However, regardless of which option I select i.e. application or web it does not allow an option to join the meeting. Just wondering if anyone faced this issue ? or is it because I am trying to join the meeting significantly earlier then the scheduled date/time. I want to ensure that everything is functional on my end to avoid any last moment hick ups.
Good day,

May I ask how long after the test you received the invitation for an interview? How was your experience with Teams, how long the interview was and what was asked? I truly appreciate your feedback in advance...

dps86

Jan 19, 2016
Hello All,

I received an invitation to attend a citizenship online interview. The email didn't request any extra documents from me except for the citizenship application original documents (which I can only think of the original passports to bring).

My question is: what is the interview for? I was always under the impression that if called for an interview, then the officer probably needs some extra supporting documents to prove/clarify something specific about your application.

in this case, it just seems to be a regular interview, but what does that mean? is there something I need to "prepare" for? or is it only going to be questions about my situation.. like things I can answer of course without preparing!

Not sure if I'm overthinking this, but I enjoy reading and preparing for big events in my life, they make me feel "ready" and this just seems too simple to prepare for :)
Hello.
I got an interview letter for Citizenship. But the invitation link I got doesn’t work. The one says Click here to join meeting. I mean I am not able to click it. Even the instructions link that I got in Consent form doesn’t work. Did you also experience something similar?
Please let me know if you know anything about this. Sent a reply to Cic. But no response yet. Had my interview next week. Really worried. Already it took more than 2 years to get at this point.

Mahyar85

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
Hi
I have my interview tomorrow. May i ask you what happened during your interview so i prepare?
Really appriciate that

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi.
My interview is tomorrow but i will definatly share my exprience as soon as i finished it
My interview happens next Thursday and I'm outside.