+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview, please share your experiences

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi all,

I have my test/interview scheduled soon and looking to hear from other forum members who have already gone through this experience to be better prepared:

- How long was your interview?
- What documents did you take with you? Any document you were asked for and didn't have? If yes, what happened?
- Were there any questions that you didn't expect?
- Did anyone get an RQ during or after the interview?
- At the end of the interview, did the officer tell you exactly when the next step will take place? Or was it a generic response?

Please share your experiences, any piece of information would be helpful, the more details the better :)

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi all,

I have my test/interview scheduled soon and looking to hear from other forum members who have already gone through this experience to be better prepared:

- What documents did you take with you? Any document you were asked for and didn't have? If yes, what happened?
- At the end of the interview, did the officer tell you exactly when the next step will take place? Or was it a generic response?

Please share your experiences, any piece of information would be helpful, the more details the better :)
Have a look at the forum search, there is many reports about interviews already.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Have a look at the forum search, there is many reports about interviews already.
Hey Spyfy,

I did - but found most of them to be old (like 2 years ago or more) ..i'm looking to hear about recent experiences from those who attended the test/interview in 2017

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hi all,

My experience 2+ years ago:

1. 5 to 10 minutes
2. Took all documents, photocopies, originals which were part of citizenship application. I had all the documents.
3. Routine questions
4. No RQ, i even prepared extra documents to show in case officer had any doubts
5. He said I am approved and wait for oath.

Reactions: ibry

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
My experience 2+ years ago:

1. 5 to 10 minutes
2. Took all documents, photocopies, originals which were part of citizenship application. I had all the documents.
3. Routine questions
4. No RQ, i even prepared extra documents to show in case officer had any doubts
5. He said I am approved and wait for oath.
Thanks, your went smoothly at the time . hope mine would be the same

Last edited:

alpalp

Jun 19, 2017
Reactions: emamabd

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Hello

I have my test scheduled on 31 Jan.

I do have all original expect my IELTS result. As it was submitted during PR application under FSW.

Do officers ask original copy after test ? I am assuming they already have it in there system.

Is it ok with copy of IELTS result?

Please share

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello

I have my test scheduled on 31 Jan.

I do have all original expect my IELTS result. As it was submitted during PR application under FSW.

Do officers ask original copy after test ? I am assuming they already have it in there system.

Is it ok with copy of IELTS result?

Please share
You should be fine. At the time of interview, if officer asks for it, tell him/her that the original was submitted during PR application

newbiealpha

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Hi all,

my interview/test was today. after the test they take you to a room and there on the board it is written take these documents out and show to officer when called.

1. confirmation of permanent residence (landing paper)
2. two provincial ids, like driving license, health card
3. all passports
4. pr card etc

when they called my name i went and told the lady i don't have COPR with me, she said its fine what happened to it, i told her its in a safety deposit box, she said its fine.

she asked me any trouble with immigration or police, i told her no.
then she asked me so where are you working these days. i told her my employer name she checked my file and said oh so you are still working with same employer. i said yes

then she compared my pr card, driving license and passports with the photo copies she had. and then saw all pages of both passports and i thought she was matching the dates with my online presence calculator page.

she told me congratulations this is your test score 19/20 and you passed the test. and have passed the interview. She asked if I have any questions and i told her no.

She didn't ask me IELTS or anything, actually I have not taken IELTS. My proof of language was my degree from a Canadian University and she didn't ask for my transcript or degree (I had it with me though)

she asked me to sign few forms and on the form which i submitted with my citizenship application one date was not correct, she asked to correct it and put my initials and today's date beside it.

after review is complete you willl be informed of oath date. Interview was less than 5 minutes

My interview test was in Scarborough office (GTA). And i heard they are very slow. Before the test when she was giving instructions she said your oath date will be within 12 months of your applying. I applied in september so I think it will be few months before I get an oath date from them,

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
my interview/test was today. after the test they take you to a room and there on the board it is written take these documents out and show to officer when called.

3. all passports
4. pr card etc

when they called my name i went and told the lady i don't have COPR with me, she said its fine what happened to it, i told her its in a safety deposit box, she said its fine.

then she asked me so where are you working these days. i told her my employer name she checked my file and said oh so you are still working with same employer. i said yes

then she compared my pr card, driving license and passports with the photo copies she had. and then saw all pages of both passports and i thought she was matching the dates with my online presence calculator page.

she told me congratulations this is your test score 19/20 and you passed the test. and have passed the interview. She asked if I have any questions and i told her no.

She didn't ask me IELTS or anything, actually I have not taken IELTS. My proof of language was my degree from a Canadian University and she didn't ask for my transcript or degree (I had it with me though)

she asked me to sign few forms and on the form which i submitted with my citizenship application one date was not correct, she asked to correct it and put my initials and today's date beside it.

after review is complete you willl be informed of oath date. Interview was less than 5 minutes

My interview test was in Scarborough office (GTA). And i heard they are very slow. Before the test when she was giving instructions she said your oath date will be within 12 months of your applying. I applied in september so I think it will be few months before I get an oath date from them,
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, and congratulations this is great!

At least you have nothing to worry about now and don't need to provide any extra docs/info..just wait patiently for the oath invite! :)

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Thanks for reply
You should be fine. At the time of interview, if officer asks for it, tell him/her that the original was submitted during PR application

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Thanks for sharing. At least I am relaxed that they do not want to see ielts original or Lang result

3. all passports
4. pr card etc

dulz93

May 2, 2018

3. all passports
4. pr card etc

Have you gotten your oath yet? Just wondering how the timeline is at Scarborough.