+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship interview docs

eastguy123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Hi guys I got my interview for end of next month.

my expired passport is not with me here do I have to have that with me during interview and secondly my driving license change from Ontario to Alberta as I moved here. When I changed my driving license to Alberta they took my Ontario G license and give class 5 Alberta license. My current passport is still valid for 3 more years.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Usually, you need to be able to provide all passports that were valid during your eligibility period. Try to get it if that's the case.
For the driving licence, that's probably a non issue, a simple explanation of the situation if needed and you're good.

Reactions: hungkubu

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Maybe she can scan all the pages and send it digitally? At least you'd have it ready if IRCC asks for those.
Also, there's a chance it's not needed, but it's part of covering your bases :)

Reactions: eastguy123

eastguy123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Maybe she can scan all the pages and send it digitally? At least you'd have it ready if IRCC asks for those.
Also, there's a chance it's not needed, but it's part of covering your bases :)
already mail me color copy. I will ask for digital soft copy as well. Thanks

Last edited:

eastguy123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Another question my 5 yr eligibility period according to online calculator submitted is November 2014 to November 2019. My old passport which got study permit expired September 2015 study permit expiry same as passport. My current passport I got in July 2014 for ten years. But with my application I had submitted both passport.Which passport will be considered valid new or old upto expiry of old one which was September 2015. In application they ask passport held during eligibility period. I m confused. Will it work in my favor?

Last edited:

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Seems like it will!
That passport was no longer valid when your eligibility period started, so you didn't even need to include it in your application and the IRCC agent working on it probably just ignored it.

You're good to go!
Good luck with your interview :)

eastguy123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Seems like it will!
That passport was no longer valid when your eligibility period started, so you didn't even need to include it in your application and the IRCC agent working on it probably just ignored it.

You're good to go!
Good luck with your interview :)
Thanks

eastguy123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
My interview scheduled for May 29th but today I got second fingerprint request. My first fingerprint was expired in March. Is it normal to have second fingerprint request?

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Another question, is it good idea to get translated copies of passport pages even before one is asked for an interview, to be prepared?

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Another question, is it good idea to get translated copies of passport pages even before one is asked for an interview, to be prepared?
I'm wondering about this as well now ;) I decided to get some contacts of authorized translators in advance and to make a list of pages with stamps for myself just to understand where translation will be needed (and what language).

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I'm wondering about this as well now ;) I decided to get some contacts of authorized translators in advance and to make a list of pages with stamps for myself just to understand where translation will be needed (and what language).
I said it in another thread, but yes.

Even before the pandemic, this was also required and the most basic document they checked.

Reactions: Hapique

dattamaya

Sep 12, 2017
Hi guys I got my interview for end of next month.

my expired passport is not with me here do I have to have that with me during interview and secondly my driving license change from Ontario to Alberta as I moved here. When I changed my driving license to Alberta they took my Ontario G license and give class 5 Alberta license. My current passport is still valid for 3 more years.
Hello,

I have similar situation like you, I did submitted the education transcript along with application, and right now its in my home country.

Can you please share your experience about interview and what happen if some original document is not with you. Also what kind of question they the officer ask during interview

eastguy123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Hello,

I have similar situation like you, I did submitted the education transcript along with application, and right now its in my home country.

Can you please share your experience about interview and what happen if some original document is not with you. Also what kind of question they the officer ask during interview
My interview is on May 29th.