+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview Day Questions

volee

Jul 23, 2015
Hello, I have just received the notice for citizenship test and interview. I have some questions regarding that day.
1. Will they take away my PR card on that day if I passed everything? I might have to leave Canada after the test.
2. I have quite a lot of entry/exit records during the 5 years. Will they question why I travelled so often?
3. What are some of the questions they would ask during the interview?

Thanks for answering!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello, I have just received the notice for citizenship test and interview. I have some questions regarding that day.
1. Will they take away my PR card on that day if I passed everything? I might have to leave Canada after the test.
2. I have quite a lot of entry/exit records during the 5 years. Will they question why I travelled so often?

Thanks for answering!
1. No
2. They will check the dates with your passport stamps possibly. Unless you travelled to deal with drugs or stuff :) nothing to worry about. If they ask about the travels, just explain the facts.
3. There is many posts about interview experiences in this forum. Please use the search.

Can-Da

Apr 13, 2018

Thanks for answering!
1) No, you keep it with you. In the oath ceremony, they will take your PR card and the landing paper.
2) In my case, the agent asked me why I travel to this country despite I included the reason in the application. Prepare your response in case of.
3) I passed the test October 31 2018 and my only advice to you is read the book very well. I didn't find any question (from the official test) in the online tests.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
1) No, you keep it with you. In the oath ceremony, they will take your PR card and the landing paper.
2) In my case, the agent asked me why I travel to this country despite I included the reason in the application. Prepare your response in case of.
3) I passed the test October 31 2018 and my only advice to you is read the book very well. I didn't find any question (from the official test) in the online tests.
1) is incorrect. They NEVER take the "landing paper" (COPR). Only the PR card is surrendered at the Oath ceremony.

Reactions: foodie69

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
1) is incorrect. They NEVER take the "landing paper" (COPR). Only the PR card is surrendered at the Oath ceremony.
Hi @zardoz, can you please advise if we get to reschedule oath ceremony date?
My brother's test is on Nov15th and he is leaving for 3 months vacation to back home on Nov 18th. Should he inform the interviewing officer?

we already informed cic and winnipeg office about that 2 weeks ago, and probably that's why he got the test invite before his vacation.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi @zardoz, can you please advise if we get to reschedule oath ceremony date?
My brother's test is on Nov15th and he is leaving for 3 months vacation to back home on Nov 18th. Should he inform the interviewing officer?

we already informed cic and winnipeg office about that 2 weeks ago, and probably that's why he got the test invite before his vacation.
From what I remember, you get one reschedule (assuming you have good reasons). I'm not sure that you get a second chance after that. By all means, inform the interviewing officer.

Reactions: ankz001

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
From what I remember, you get one reschedule (assuming you have good reasons). I'm not sure that you get a second chance after that. By all means, inform the interviewing officer.
Thanks for responding
He didnt reschedule it. We sent a notice in advance, so at least they set the date for test before he is leaving.
He is getting married there, so I hope that counts as reasonable reason.