+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Inquiries

Hopeful-Chy

Nov 10, 2017
Hello...
I got my PR through a Province however since I landed over a year now, I have unable to get a job in my Province. I am begining to look at other provinces for a job. Does anyone know if it will be an issue during my citizenship application if i get a job from another province and move. I don't mean to be unfaithful to my province but I have to look for other options to survive. Please anyone with expert or experienced knowledge should advice. Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No, moving after you have become a PR will not affect your citizenship application. You have the same rights of movement as any Canadian - you can choose to live and work anywhere in the country.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hello...
I got my PR through a Province however since I landed over a year now, I have unable to get a job in my Province. I am begining to look at other provinces for a job. Does anyone know if it will be an issue during my citizenship application if i get a job from another province and move. I don't mean to be unfaithful to my province but I have to look for other options to survive. Please anyone with expert or experienced knowledge should advice. Thanks
It doesn’t effect anything, once you are PR you are free to work and move anywhere in Canada
I also got PR through province but i moved after that really quick, no problems so far my citizenship application is in process

Hopeful-Chy

Nov 10, 2017
It doesn’t effect anything, once you are PR you are free to work and move anywhere in Canada
I also got PR through province but i moved after that really quick, no problems so far my citizenship application is in process
ok. thanks
This really helps.

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Hello...
Were you a provincial nominee (PR sponsored by the Province)?
If so, dont you have to stay in the Province for 2 yrs (or a specific amount of time). I believe it was part of the obligations as Provincial PR nominee
If you have already completed your time with the province then I dont think it should be a problem.

See this post I read from another forum: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/understanding-pnp-its-obligation-to-live-in-province-and-pr-status.507059/

Based on this, you could be asked during the Czship interview. Am not trying to spook, only trying to show another side to your Q.
Obv you can still apply for Czship, but could invite scrutiny from the officer during interview. Best be prepared for that.

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
You can move out , but the key is that you have to show intent of living in the province.

Just make sure you have proper evidence like the jobs you applied for , but could not get. Just in case they ask you to prove something you have satisfactory reasons to tell.

Hopeful-Chy

Nov 10, 2017
Were you a provincial nominee (PR sponsored by the Province)?
If so, dont you have to stay in the Province for 2 yrs (or a specific amount of time). I believe it was part of the obligations as Provincial PR nominee
If you have already completed your time with the province then I dont think it should be a problem.

See this post I read from another forum: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/understanding-pnp-its-obligation-to-live-in-province-and-pr-status.507059/

Based on this, you could be asked during the Czship interview. Am not trying to spook, only trying to show another side to your Q.
Obv you can still apply for Czship, but could invite scrutiny from the officer during interview. Best be prepared for that.
My thoughts as well.... i just dont want to assume anything and take a step that will hunt me during the citizenship application. There are various versions to this but i believe stickingvto the province thst nominated you will be safer until i get citizenship...
my problem is that i have been applying for jobs in Ontario and nothing is forthcoming .... only warehouse jobs. But i need a proper job as a graduate

Hopeful-Chy

Nov 10, 2017
You can move out , but the key is that you have to show intent of living in the province.

Just make sure you have proper evidence like the jobs you applied for , but could not get. Just in case they ask you to prove something you have satisfactory reasons to tell.
Thanks