+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship IELTS Report and Police Certificate

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
Hi Guys

A couple of questions on the language report and police certificate.

- For IELTS will the old report that was submitted for the PR Card Application work? Or am I required to submit alternate documentation or take the exam again?
- I moved to Canada 3 years ago. So 4 years ago I was in the US before I moved to Canada. Am I required to procure a new police certificate and submit or should the old certificate suffice? Or am I not required to submit a PCC?

Could you please help out?

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi Guys

A couple of questions on the language report and police certificate.

- For IELTS will the old report that was submitted for the PR Card Application work? Or am I required to submit alternate documentation or take the exam again?
- I moved to Canada 3 years ago. So 4 years ago I was in the US before I moved to Canada. Am I required to procure a new police certificate and submit or should the old certificate suffice? Or am I not required to submit a PCC?

Could you please help out?
1. Old IELTS report would be accepted.
2. Per instruction guide

You don’t need to provide a police certificate if
  • you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
  • this time falls within the past 4 years

wickerman

Jun 20, 2017
1. Old IELTS report would be accepted.
2. Per instruction guide

You don’t need to provide a police certificate if
  • you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
  • this time falls within the past 4 years
Yes I have seen that instruction too. However unclear whether they mean your country of origin or the country you moved from. I moved from the US but I am an Indian citizen.