+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship from Edmonton Office: Waiting for Exam and Oath

akvbsoft

Dec 11, 2013
My current Status :

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 17, 2012.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 17, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

2. We started processing your application on March 14, 2013.

3. We sent you a letter on October 2, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

They asked for Finger printing which I sent them back and on 1 Dec 2013 I called and confirmed its with them and Schedule Exam time is any time until Mid of July'2014

Any one know's how long would it take approximately for calling for Exam ? will it be that long after finger printing ?

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Once CIC requested for further documents from you, fingerprint, RQ's, your application will fall under the category of Non-Routine Citizenship Applications: Waiting time of 35 months (that was based on last years table)
What is a non-routine application?
An application is considered non-routine if any one of the following has occurred:

•you are asked to provide a residence questionnaire, documents proving residence in Canada, fingerprints, or any other additional documents;
•we have not received all the necessary documents or the correct fees;
•it is unclear whether you meet the residence requirements;
•it is unclear whether you are subject to any immigration, security or criminal prohibitions;
•you do not meet the language requirements for citizenship;
•you fail or are unable to write the knowledge-of-Canada test (citizenship test); and
•you require a hearing with a citizenship judge.

We have forum members here from Edmonton who applied since January 2012, my neighbors submitted February 2012. I submitted June 2012, we both never left the country for vacation, and have not heard from our CIC local office on invitation for written exam up until now. So expect a very long waiting time.