+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship for Quebec

Quebecon

Jan 15, 2015
Hello everyone,

I filed for Canadian citizenship in July 2020. I was living in Montreal at the time. I received the acknowledgement of receipt on November 4, 2020.

On the website it says my case is "In Progress". My Citizenship Test and Background Verification have been completed. Language skills, physical presence and prohibitions are still in progress though.

For personal reasons, (death of a family member because of corona), I had to leave Canada in January 2021. I have been in my native Pakistan ever since, however I had fulfilled my requirement of living in Canada for 3 years to be able to file for Canadian Citizenship.

My Permanent Residency of Canada expires in August 2022. My question is will my Citizenship and passport come through before my Permanent Residency expires in August of this year?

If, my citizenship does not come through by August 2022, does this mean I must return to Canada before that time? If citizenship does not come through by August of this year and I am not in Canada will my citizenship be in peril?

Please respond

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Hello everyone,

I filed for Canadian citizenship in July 2020. I was living in Montreal at the time. I received the acknowledgement of receipt on November 4, 2020.

On the website it says my case is "In Progress". My Citizenship Test and Background Verification have been completed. Language skills, physical presence and prohibitions are still in progress though.

For personal reasons, (death of a family member because of corona), I had to leave Canada in January 2021. I have been in my native Pakistan ever since, however I had fulfilled my requirement of living in Canada for 3 years to be able to file for Canadian Citizenship.

My Permanent Residency of Canada expires in August 2022. My question is will my Citizenship and passport come through before my Permanent Residency expires in August of this year?

If, my citizenship does not come through by August 2022, does this mean I must return to Canada before that time? If citizenship does not come through by August of this year and I am not in Canada will my citizenship be in peril?

Please respond
you will meet RO untill january 2022
did you take your citizenship test? I will be able to doit outside Canada.