+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Fee Increase from Jan 1st 2015

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brbr said:
lol this guy is hilarious, dude this is not the titanic, you don't get to buy a privilege. We came to this country for equal opportunity, not for corrupt government and processes that help only the rich. Maybe that's why you have -25 votes... *sigh*
Wow! Maybe he doesn't mean it...
Cheers,

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
Wow! Maybe he doesn't mean it...
Cheers,
ummmm... Click on his profile and look at his old posts, stuff is gold.

p.s. he might be just trolling, but regardless, not funny

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brbr said:
ummmm... Click on his profile and look at his old posts, stuff is gold.

p.s. he might be just trolling, but regardless, not funny
I know my friend!
Hope you have wonderful holiday seasons.
Cheers,

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
Let's send in a suggestion for CIC :
First class : $15,000 per person = 3 months routine and 6 months non routine.
Business class : $5,000 per person = 6 months routine and 9 months non routine.
Economy class : $530 or cheaper per person = processing time depends on officers' mood and your luck.
I'm in for the First class.
Can they really do it for 5000$ in 6 months? :) is this option really in place now?

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HighFive said:
Can they really do it for 5000$ in 6 months? :) is this option really in place now?
no BLT is just going around the forum & copy/pasting that garbage wherever there's a discussion of the new fee...

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
ROFL
BLT's idea is what exactly many "non-resident Permanent Resident", multi-millionaire "yet-to-be Canadian 8) but already an expat :p" sitting in Middle East trying to hoodwink the government to give them Citizenship "soon enough" because they have the dough earned by being an "yet-to-be Canadian 8) but already an expat :p"

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
Reminds me of the "let them have cake" joke and the shiny french guillotine (Bill C24) that was offered instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StJS51d1Fzg

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
Just to be clear here, I myself will suffer "extremely" if the 4/6 is enforced anytime sooner. If only the "wise guys" didn't screw it up for the rest of us, we would n't be here lamenting ::)

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
brbr said:
lol this guy is hilarious, dude this is not the titanic, you don't get to buy a privilege. We came to this country for equal opportunity, not for corrupt government and processes that help only the rich. Maybe that's why you have -25 votes... *sigh*
Right, this is not a Titanic, but it's a land of capitalism. Equal opportunity means you have equal chance with others to become successful, NOT you should have equal life with others who have more money than you.
IMO, actually the processing fee can be cheaper if CIC starts to sell business and first class. Same like airlines, they can sell economy class promo ticket because they make money with the business and first class. If there is no business or first class, economy class won't be that cheap.
Btw, if you find it very difficult to afford those few-hundreds increase, IMO, you should be banned from applying citizenship. Look dude, one of CIC's duty is to protect Canadian. If you can't afford few-hundreds dollars, you are a burden to the Canadian economy. There are some people that claimed about engineering, professor, scientists, blah blah blah when they applied for PR, but have been working in low job areas with low income since the first day they landed. Don't tell me you are in this group. One of the requirement to become a citizen, must be not a burden to the society.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Raman_Ram said:
ROFL
BLT's idea is what exactly many "non-resident Permanent Resident", multi-millionaire "yet-to-be Canadian 8) but already an expat :p" sitting in Middle East trying to hoodwink the government to give them Citizenship "soon enough" because they have the dough earned by being an "yet-to-be Canadian 8) but already an expat :p"
Multi millionaires are NO longer from middle east. Those days are long gone.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
BLT said:
Economy class : $530 or cheaper per person = processing time depends on officers' mood and your luck.
Would you like to add one more option to your suggestion list?

On Spot Class: $50,000 or above, with a min bidding price depending on demand, like the ebay Buy Now! Click the button and you are there!
OMG!

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Equal opportunity cannot be everywhere? even in roads there is no equal opportunity. You pay toll and reach your destination faster or struck in the traffic.
Even in schools there is no equal opportunity.

Rich people have some advantages in society. Clever students have some advantage in schools. Just accept it.

If the fee hike helps to reach the CIC's goal of just in time processing of applications I am not against it. (Okay okay I know I have already applied)

There should be another option. No fee and it will get processed within 2 years.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
BLT said:
Good suggestions... but we need few clarifications that will truly align CIC processing with the airlines industry.

Boarding / departure: all complete applications received and approved for further processing on a given day

First class : $15,000 per person. As special CIC treatment, they will receive a courtesy call or email EVERY DAY from CIC providing them with an update in their file and proactively resolving any issue

Business class : $5,000 per person. As special CIC treatment, they will receive a courtesy call or email EVERY WEEK from CIC providing them with an update in their file and proactively resolving any issue

Economy class : $530 or cheaper per person. No special treatment. Applicants in this class will have to work hard to get any info from CIC (facing long wait on the CIC phone line or talking to a sometime rude or useless CIC agent)

Arrival / unboarding: those who boarded the same plane arrive at the destination at the same time, no matter which class ticket they bought. In the same logic, Oath Ceremony should be on the same day for all complete applications received and approved for further processing on the same day. First class can be the first to SWEAR on that day.... but at the end of the Oath ceremony, all should be Canadians.

Let me know your thoughts.