Citizenship Fee Increase from Jan 1st 2015

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello Folks,

Check the following link:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=916869

The citizenship fees is going to increase from $300 to $530 from Jan 1st 2015 + $100 for Right of Citizenship fee (In Total $630). The old fees was $400 in total.

If someone is applying this month hurry up!! else the fees would be increased from 1st Jan 2015.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
The link says the following:

To have applicant fees more closely reflect the costs associated with processing citizenship applications, citizenship processing fees will increase from $300 to $530 for applicants whose complete applications are received after Jan. 1, 2015. These applicants will benefit from the processing improvements outlined above, and this is in keeping with user-pay principles and a move toward full cost recovery in the citizenship program.

Applications for a grant and resumptions of citizenship to a minor are exempt from this change. The $100 Right of Citizenship fee for successful applicants remains the same. Other fees for services, such as for citizenship proofs, are not changing.

It means that current fees is $300 + $100

New fees would be from $300 to $530 which means $530+$100...

Correct me if I am wrong

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SMDH. :D that's a lot of money, the time lines need to be under 6 months for straightforward applications and NOT drag the process on. And why would they justify the increase by comparing to the USA and UK? If you're going to increase your fees CIC, just do it because you feel justified. Canadian citizenship has nothing to do with US and or UK citizenship. Just my two cents.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Anybody agrees to pay $15,000 per person included taxes, for urgent processing, max 3 months for routine and max 6 months for non routine?
I agree.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the increase in fee does not reflect any improvement in processing applications in MOST of the Provinces.... Perhaps only in On. May be the increased fee should be only if you are applying from Ontario, lol

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll be one of those who will be hit early this January due to my returned app.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is offensive to the Canadian ideal of naturalizing a higher proportion of immigrants than any other country.

Citizenship will become even more impossible for many immigrants, especially refugees who may come here with significant economic, emotional, educational and health challenges, and single parents.

Over 2000 for a family of four is ridiculous. Blech.

If this is going through, the CIC and citizenship should really lose its exemption from the User Fees Act, which mandates transparency and accountability for government services where the user pays a fee.

It is the policy of the government that those who pay fees for government services are entitled to fundamental information on the services being provided and any associated service standards.
Currently, the CIC only reports processing timelines to parliament and does not even have a service standard (goal processing timeline) for citizenship http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/service-standards.asp;

It should be noted that CIC’s service standards were not developed to relate to user fees but rather to application processing times.

According to prevailing legal opinion, where the corresponding fee introduction or most recent modification occurred prior to March 31, 2004:

the performance standard, if provided, may not have received parliamentary review;
the performance standard, if provided, may not respect all established requirements under the User Fees Act (UFA) (e.g., international comparison; independent complaint redress); and
the performance result, if approved, is not legally subject to section 5.1 of the UFA regarding fee reductions for unachieved performance.

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pol/doc-eng.aspx?id=12236

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
Anybody agrees to pay $15,000 per person included taxes, for urgent processing, max 3 months for routine and max 6 months for non routine?
I agree.
Rich people don't deserve to vote any earlier than the rest of us.

Canada should be a land of equality before the law, not a land where the rich can buy their rights and privilege and consideration with a huge check.

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3hm said:
I'll be one of those who will be hit early this January due to my returned app.
My point exactly. This too much money for the sometimes mediocre type of service immigrants get - (bleep)!!!!!!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
Rich people don't deserve to vote any earlier than the rest of us.

Canada should be a land of equality before the law, not a land where the rich can buy their rights and privilege and consideration with a huge check.
Agreed.
It also takes mere '80 calendar days' in Australia to process a citizenship application. Canada's CIC is a disgrace.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Hello Folks,

Check the following link:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=916869

The citizenship fees is going to increase from $300 to $530 from Jan 1st 2015 + $100 for Right of Citizenship fee (In Total $630). The old fees was $400 in total.

If someone is applying this month hurry up!! else the fees would be increased from 1st Jan 2015.
Wow! This was only $200 a year ago with the possibility to get the certificate within 12 months. Hope a lot of people send in their applications this month.
Wish you the best.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Let's send in a suggestion for CIC :
First class : $15,000 per person = 3 months routine and 6 months non routine.
Business class : $5,000 per person = 6 months routine and 9 months non routine.
Economy class : $530 or cheaper per person = processing time depends on officers' mood and your luck.
I'm in for the First class.

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
Let's send in a suggestion for CIC :
First class : $15,000 per person = 3 months routine and 6 months non routine.
Business class : $5,000 per person = 6 months routine and 9 months non routine.
Economy class : $530 or cheaper per person = processing time depends on officers' mood and your luck.
I'm in for the First class.
lol this guy is hilarious, dude this is not the titanic, you don't get to buy a privilege. We came to this country for equal opportunity, not for corrupt government and processes that help only the rich. Maybe that's why you have -25 votes... *sigh*