+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Eligibility While Abroad

MichealEt

Mar 21, 2024
You’re correct; how about go to Canada in and out multiple time in the upcoming months till the expiration approaching; would this help my application of renewal?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Actually we have married abroad Canada, and once we landed we just lived there less than 6 months. And by that time we had to leave because she got an offer from google in Dubai.
I'd echo it's a grey area: seems your spouse wasn't living in Canada either, you came (together at least) for a while and left.

We know they inquire more about intent to return for cases where the Canadian citizen is sponsoring from abroad.

What it can end up looking like is you worked together to get PR status without the intent to reside in Canada.

But again, we do not really know which cases this will become an issue for.

You mentioned / asked if 'coming to Canada' for visits in between will make a difference.

We don't know. We can say that what will make a difference is returning to Canada to reside.

MichealEt

Mar 21, 2024
What is the issue if we just working on making money for buying a house and reside in Canada ?

i mean is there any crime with this even though we didnt live there for the sale of money saving outside?
Also, i didnt use/ access any health, or any benifits from the Canadian government, meaning i didnt utilize anything from the public funds

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What is the issue if we just working on making money for buying a house and reside in Canada ?

i mean is there any crime with this even though we didnt live there for the sale of money saving outside?
Also, i didnt use/ access any health, or any benifits from the Canadian government, meaning i didnt utilize anything from the public funds
There's no point getting angry at us. We are not IRCC and we don't make the rules. We are just trying to help by telling you how we have seen IRCC apply the rules. Canada's residency obligation is also relatively relaxed compared to some other places like the US.

As said before, it is good that you moved outside of Canada due to your wife's job and make sure you show this when you apply to renew your PR card. You should wait until you are in Canada to submit the application. Ideally you would make a move to Canada before your PR card expires and apply then. If you're not moving in the near future, then make sure you show good evidence of living with your wife outside of Canada.

Good luck.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No issue; it's not a punishment. But likewise, what's the issue with not having/losing PR card/status because you didn't meet the residency obligation?

You can apply again, your spouse can sponsor you again - when you intend to reside in Canada.

Or, if you think that has issues for you and/or is risky - move earlier.

MichealEt

Mar 21, 2024
The issue with the timeline, i mean it took 2 + years to take the PR, and living here in the gulf region there is no stability, if you fired for any reason, means you have to leave the land , for my case, imagine my wife and kids go to Canada and i will be in the air here, oh god , i hope to find a solution for this soon, no one talk about any possibility to find a job these days in Canada as well, and they are saying what we get in Dubai its near impossible to have it in Canada..the greedy human nature..