+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship denial because of a mistake in my effective presence calculation

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Brad Smith said:
This. So much this. The calculator didn't save my last addition and I didn't catch it. I mailed my application earlier today. Found the mistake when I filed the duplicate copies I made when I got home. No way to stop it as far as I know. Is there a way to request it to be returned? Because if they process it, they'll likely reject it and I'll be out the fees.
Once you get AOR, contact CIC using your file# by webform and also send a letter to CIC stating the details.
With the updated form, I hope you still meet the residency requirements for citizenship purpose. I think you should send the updated/complete physical presence calculator form with an explanation letter both by webform as well as by mail. Make sure you mention your complete name/dob/citizenship file# etc etc.

I am not sure if the date on the updated physical presence form should be same as the date on the application that you have sent. You need to check this and accordingly date and send the form.

Dec 25, 2017
Thanks for the tips/advice/info everyone, I should definitely check this forum more often, I came across it too late. I will reapply ASAP, after withdrawing my first application, as suggested by my immigration officer.

It will work eventually! :)
I came to this thread late, I really sympathise with you . Hope everything went well with re-application?

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
Hey guys, sorry if this is off-topic but do my days spent in the US, while I am employed in Canada and on Canadian payroll, count towards my physical presence ? i go to the US once in two months for 3 or 4 days for meetings.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, sorry if this is off-topic but do my days spent in the US, while I am employed in Canada and on Canadian payroll, count towards my physical presence ? i go to the US once in two months for 3 or 4 days for meetings.
Unfortunately they don't.

Reactions: EmmEmm

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Although days in the US or to any other country on business trips do not count, the day you leave and the day you return do count as days in Canada.

Reactions: EmmEmm

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
Unfortunately they don't.
Although days in the US or to any other country on business trips do not count, the day you leave and the day you return do count as days in Canada.
yes, thanks guys. I actually figured this out late last night from the CIC website but thank you nonetheless !!

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
This forum is like buying cooking oil from 7/11. People only go there for that when they need it so badly. Some people doesn't even bother to show some courtesy to inform that, they got citizenship. I bet the OP came to this forum only when he was in trouble and he reapplied and got citizenship.
That's what public help is there for. Just try to lighten up, expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.