Citizenship - decision made in ECAS Feb 16, 2018 but no letter yet

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yes i was working before now i must take care of my pregnancy
Congrats on your pregnancy.
I guess working not working is just a way of starting a conversation from their side to know a person's fluency. Once they know how good you are, that thing wont matter

Reactions: Balboul

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
I had interview as well. And everyone along with me giving the test had it too. CO dont take that much time with one person until they actually want to know about a person.
My interview was pretty straight forward. Just checked my passport and other documents and then told me the result. Thats it.
Mine was a little hectic due to my lengthy travel record and the CO and myself being plagued with that flu, which made it difficult for both of us to understand each other. Nonetheless, that phase is now over and as you said it's really straightforward process. For those of you who rmember when you first landed (had that little interview), it's kind of like that.

Reactions: simb

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Mine was a little hectic due to my lengthy travel record and the CO and myself being plagued with that flu, which made it difficult for both of us to understand each other. Nonetheless, that phase is now over and as you said it's really straightforward process. For those of you who rmember when you first landed (had that little interview), it's kind of like that.
Yea. My CO was more into my stamps and visas instead of asking me..lol

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hi everyone,
I pass the citizenship test today but my wife didn’t unfortunately. What’s going to happen now for my application knowing that we applied as a family?

Thanks for your response.
Wow. Sorry about that
Were the questions hard?

Last edited:

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Mine is Surrey and see my time line posted below. What's your office again? I've also spoken to a few other colleagues who applied for citizenship before me and my oath date is before theirs. I can't explain that one.
because you are lucky my friend

Reactions: whizlon

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
I would like to take the time to announce to everyone that I took my oath yesterday. I'm extremely grateful to God for the opportunity. Thank you guys for your encouragement during the application process. All the best to the rest of you who are waiting to take oath and yet to apply. :) Keep us posted.

theleaf

Feb 23, 2018
I wrote my test on Feb. 22, 2018 and passed with 20/20. However, I still haven’t received any letter or DM. Anyone knows what’s going on?

Tomatopicker

Mar 25, 2018
Congratulations
How was the test
Would u mind telling us about the wuestions please
Did my test this week...agree with the advice from other people. If you read the discovery Canada a couple of times and do some preparation tests you should be all good to go.

Tomatopicker

Mar 25, 2018
I wrote my test on Feb. 22, 2018 and passed with 20/20. However, I still haven’t received any letter or DM. Anyone knows what’s going on?
I think all depends on where you did it. I did mine in Fredericton and I got DM next day...still waiting for the oath letter or any movement on Ecas

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Your background checks may still be in progress. Being invited for the test does not mean all checks were complete.
It's unknown how long those checks take, and at least one of the agencies involved (CSIS) will not release information about their progress, so all we can do is wait.

DRRD

Feb 8, 2018
Profeciency in french and english i have university diplomas here in Canada
About travels
Idid not travel
Only one time
So i do t have problems
I think interview only for people who have complicated cases
Every single adult applicant under the age of 54 does the interview. That's when you find out your results and they also review your application with you. Some interviews are 2-3 questions while other ones are lengthier.

DRRD

Feb 8, 2018
I would like to take the time to announce to everyone that I took my oath yesterday. I'm extremely grateful to God for the opportunity. Thank you guys for your encouragement during the application process. All the best to the rest of you who are waiting to take oath and yet to apply. :) Keep us posted.
Congrats on becoming a Canadian citizen!!

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Every single adult applicant under the age of 54 does the interview. That's when you find out your results and they also review your application with you. Some interviews are 2-3 questions while other ones are lengthier.
Every adult applicant has that interview, not just those who are under 55.
For those aged 18-54 the interview is a language check and document check, for others it's just a document check.

Balboul

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Congrats on becoming a Canadian citizen!!
Congrat
Just i wanna know once u pass the oath and u got certificate u can travel with that certificate without visa
For example u
Can u travel now with this certificate if u still not applued for canadian passport yet

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Congrat
Just i wanna know once u pass the oath and u got certificate u can travel with that certificate without visa
For example u
Can u travel now with this certificate if u still not applued for canadian passport yet
No. A citizenship certificate is not a travel document.

You are expected to use a Canadian passport when traveling to Canada (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/dual-canadian-citizens-visit-canada.html).

If you have to travel soon after your citizenship ceremony you can apply for a passport urgently (at a passport office). You can apply 2 business days after your ceremony, and with urgent processing you can pick up your passport on the 2nd business day after that, so it doesn't take very long to get a Canadian passport.

Reactions: Balboul