+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship - decision made in ECAS Feb 16, 2018 but no letter yet

Balboul

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
No. A citizenship certificate is not a travel document.

You are expected to use a Canadian passport when traveling to Canada (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/dual-canadian-citizens-visit-canada.html).

If you have to travel soon after your citizenship ceremony you can apply for a passport urgently (at a passport office). You can apply 2 business days after your ceremony, and with urgent processing you can pick up your passport on the 2nd business day after that, so it doesn't take very long to get a Canadian passport.
Ok
Thank you
My test is on 26 April
And i ll travel july do u think from the day of test until the end of june is enough to get the oath cermony

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Ok
Thank you
My test is on 26 April
And i ll travel july do u think from the day of test until the end of june is enough to get the oath cermony
It's impossible to say.

Have you got a valid PR card? If you did not have the ceremony before your departure you will need it to be able to travel back to Canada.

Arikdv

Feb 12, 2015
Hey for all just want to post my updates i know its help , i have twice dates for test because first time was a strike (location Montreal)
Client Application Status
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 26, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 2, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 30, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 9, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 28, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. (STRIKE)
  5. We sent you a notice on March 5, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 16, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us Good luck people !!!

Reactions: torontoguy87

Arikdv

Feb 12, 2015
Ok
Thank you
My test is on 26 April
Once you gonna pass your test you will have interview and ther you can tell to the officer about your plan and they will try not to schedule your oath cermony on this days , good luck !

Balboul

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Once you gonna pass your test you will have interview and ther you can tell to the officer about your plan and they will try not to schedule your oath cermony on this days , good luck !

I know that but me i want to have my passport before i travel hhhh
That what i want to know

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey for all just want to post my updates i know its help , i have twice dates for test because first time was a strike (location Montreal)
Client Application Status
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 26, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 2, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 30, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 9, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 28, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. (STRIKE)
  5. We sent you a notice on March 5, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 16, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us Good luck people !!!
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 spreadsheet. Link is in my signature.

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Your background checks may still be in progress. Being invited for the test does not mean all checks were complete.
It's unknown how long those checks take, and at least one of the agencies involved (CSIS) will not release information about their progress, so all we can do is wait.
And it all varies where you live. I will mention again of a lady who took the oath in Prince George BC the same day she passed her test! I've applied for citizenship after some of my friends and I ended up taking the oath before them. A lot of variables are involved with the timing. You will get that letter soon.

sui146714

Jun 9, 2013
You can't go wrong if you thoroughly review the Discover Canada and online practice questions ;) - trust me
Practice questions is over
Thanks. The test was fine. But for those who don't study the Discover Canada and practice the sample quizzes will find it extremely difficult.
Just at the sample questions in the Discover Canada, does it looks like difficult?

Saifelatresh

Apr 14, 2018
Niagra falls
My time line
This should give you all an idea of what the time line is gonna be like. Bear in mind, this will vary from office to office as some of you mentioned. Please make sure that your relevant details are all kept up to date and keep an eye on your ECAS, e-mail (including spam folder) and your address mail box.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 19, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 16, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 4, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 2, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 1, 2018 at 8:32 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on February 21, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 12, 2018 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
I passed my citizenship test January 29 2018 but I have not received the oath letter yet. Should I call the CIC

Saifelatresh

Apr 14, 2018
Niagra falls
Here is my time line
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 23, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 30, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 12, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 15, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 29, 2018 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Reactions: emadkeriakus

torontoguy87

Oct 5, 2017
Ok no worries. According to the CIC website, they only test and interview people between the ages 18 and 54. If anyone else had/did not have an interview experience, let's hope they share.
I want to also add that my interview experience was long because I traveled a lot in the past and they verified every stamp, passport, VISA i ever possessed. For language assessment, they asked me general questions such as what I do for work and all. I heard from other people that if the CO thinks you're not proficient in either French or English, it can be an issue. Further more, during the application process, you're expected to show proof ( at least proof of completion of secondary school in English or French) that you're proficient in either English or French.
Thanks, whizion.

I totally agree with you. From my experience, everyone wrote the test were interviewed afterward. I also travelled a lot. She did not ask me any personal questions (probably because I got 20/20?). Mostly like, "can I borrow your passport" etc? Then, she did spend 20 mins verifying all the stamps on my passport. She said, ah boy! that's a lot of trips (like 5 pages of logs). But she was very kind, friendly and patient.

I wrote my test on my birthday. It was quite an experience.

Reactions: whizlon

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Thanks, whizion.

I totally agree with you. From my experience, everyone wrote the test were interviewed afterward. I also travelled a lot. She did not ask me any personal questions (probably because I got 20/20?). Mostly like, "can I borrow your passport" etc? Then, she did spend 20 mins verifying all the stamps on my passport. She said, ah boy! that's a lot of trips (like 5 pages of logs). But she was very kind, friendly and patient.

I wrote my test on my birthday. It was quite an experience.
Congrats!

amcari

Apr 1, 2010
I would like to take the time to announce to everyone that I took my oath yesterday. I'm extremely grateful to God for the opportunity. Thank you guys for your encouragement during the application process. All the best to the rest of you who are waiting to take oath and yet to apply. :) Keep us posted.
Congratulations!

Reactions: emadkeriakus