+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship - decision made in ECAS Feb 16, 2018 but no letter yet

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Hi everyone,
I pass the citizenship test today but my wife didn’t unfortunately. What’s going to happen now for my application knowing that we applied as a family?

Thanks for your response.
Congratulations to you but I'm sorry to hear about your wife. Tell your wife to cheer up, as she has a second chance to retake the test. I hope the CO gave you guys instructions on what to do next and what's to come. In this case, your wife will receive another invitation to re-take another test. If she fails again, she will have an interview with either a Citizenship judge or CO. If she fails that interview, her citizenship application will be refused but she will be at liberty to reapply for citizenship again. Please verify this with CIC for further instructions and keep us posted! And please encourage your wife during this stressful time and help her study!

Reactions: morenawella

Balboul

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
I received a physical letter. If you do receive that letter, do not lose it. you will need it for your test date. Keep checking your emails including the spam folder. Good luck.
Ok my question is
When u recieve the letter ur status on line was updated from in process to sthg else or not
As i saw some people dont change their in process even when they get letter
Means online update is slow

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Congratulations to you but I'm sorry to hear about your wife. Tell your wife to cheer up, as she has a second chance to retake the test. I hope the CO gave you guys instructions on what to do next and what's to come. In this case, your wife will receive another invitation to re-take another test. If she fails again, she will have an interview with either a Citizenship judge or CO. If she fails that interview, her citizenship application will be refused but she will be at liberty to reapply for citizenship again. Please verify this with CIC for further instructions and keep us posted!
Ok my question is
When u recieve the letter ur status on line was updated from in process to sthg else or not
As i saw some people dont change their in process even when they get letter
Means online update is slow
no, it was not updated to something else immediately. I've noticed from past experiences they sometimes take a long time to update it. for example, after I became a PR. the ECAS stated that it was still in process, then finally it updated to the right message. Remember, the ECAS is humanly control. in other words, you should not fully rely on it. CIC is generous enough to give us a timeline on application process and encourage us to contact them if that time line passes. I've noticed that certain CIC offices process applications faster than some areas.
For example, I've seen a case where someone in a rural area in BC became a citizen on the same day she passed her test!

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Please i have one question i m in process now
Did u recieve a physical letter to ur home for the test or just email also did in process change on line when u get the letter or after u get letter
it depends from office to office ,, and also if you provide them with your amil address or no ,, I am from Montreal ,, and recently I noticed that they adopt email method ,, I got mine by email ,, and the following day E-case was updated by the test line ,, when my file went to DM ,, no line was add but the status of my application went from IP to DM ,, hoping that this help

Reactions: Balboul

morenawella

Oct 23, 2012
no, it was not updated to something else immediately. I've noticed from past experiences they sometimes take a long time to update it. for example, after I became a PR. the ECAS stated that it was still in process, then finally it updated to the right message. Remember, the ECAS is humanly control. in other words, you should not fully rely on it. CIC is generous enough to give us a timeline on application process and encourage us to contact them if that time line passes. I've noticed that certain CIC offices process applications faster than some areas.
For example, I've seen a case where someone in a rural area in BC became a citizen on the same day she passed her test!
My status changed today to DM but no line added. It sounds good but confusing as it’s family file not individual.
Let’s wait the letters and see what’s the next step for both of us.

morenawella

Oct 23, 2012
Congratulations to you but I'm sorry to hear about your wife. Tell your wife to cheer up, as she has a second chance to retake the test. I hope the CO gave you guys instructions on what to do next and what's to come. In this case, your wife will receive another invitation to re-take another test. If she fails again, she will have an interview with either a Citizenship judge or CO. If she fails that interview, her citizenship application will be refused but she will be at liberty to reapply for citizenship again. Please verify this with CIC for further instructions and keep us posted! And please encourage your wife during this stressful time and help her study!
Thanks for your gentle message ;)

Balboul

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
it depends from office to office ,, and also if you provide them with your amil address or no ,, I am from Montreal ,, and recently I noticed that they adopt email method ,, I got mine by email ,, and the following day E-case was updated by the test line ,, when my file went to DM ,, no line was add but the status of my application went from IP to DM ,, hoping that this help

I provide them with everything
I already revieved my AOR with email
But test still waiting

absolute_zer0o

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
23 -03 -2012
Doc's Request.
05- 2012
Nomination.....
02 - 2012
AOR Received.
05 - 2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
05 - 2012
Med's Done....
05 - 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
visa exempted
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempted
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
I received a physical letter. If you do receive that letter, do not lose it. you will need it for your test date. Keep checking your emails including the spam folder. Good luck.
i only received an email. no physical letter. all the doc i received so far for my citizenship is via emails. (DM two days ago)

Reactions: whizlon and Balboul

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
i only received an email. no physical letter. all the doc i received so far for my citizenship is via emails. (DM two days ago)
I literally just got my official letter of oath yesterday; seven days after my ECAS updated to DM. Which local CIC office is managing your Citizenship file?

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
After mine changed to DM, it took them a few business days to add the line- it's coming soon!