+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificates

canada2222

Dec 14, 2017
Hello friends and members i like to know about proof of citizenship
Father is naturalized citizen before baby born mother is non Canadian resident
Mother was separated when got pregnant from current husband BUT was married to ex at that time
later got devoiced and got married with current father. Married before baby was born
Married on FEB 2011 baby was born on June 2011 Second child was born BEC 2014
Question : on Application forms its asked only date of marriage and place . no thing else
should this make red flag after marriage baby born 4 months later
2nd child should be ok born in 2014
is 1st child consider out of wedlock
should include DNA test with application OR its not big deal when Appling proof of citizenship
Question: 2 any idea or reference are they concern about parents date of marriage and applicant date of birth
should wait for next step DNA test or its batter to send with application
application is easy and only asking proofs one parent was Canadian before the baby was born
any advice ....

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you're saying that the current (2nd) husband is the biological father of child #1, but that the mother was actually married to her previous husband at the time of conception. However, by the time baby #1 was born, she was married to the current husband. So, I would assume that the child's birth certificate identifies the father as the current husband. Is that correct?

If so, the child's application would give the parents' names, meaning the mother and her current husband. There would be no mention of the former husband. That fact that you were only married for four months doesn't matter. (Your child was not born out of wedlock, because you were married at the time the child was born.) It is not required that a child's parents be married in order for him/her to inherit Canadian citizenship. However, if there is no marriage, it is more likely that IRCC will request DNA evidence. They may request it in your case if they learn of the unusual circumstances involved, but no, you should not send a DNA test in advance. Simply apply and if they need it, they will request it.

Last edited:

muk5477

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Mother was separated when got pregnant from current husband BUT was married to ex at that time
later got devoiced and got married with current father. Married before baby was born
Question : on Application forms its asked only date of marriage and place . no thing else
should include DNA test with application OR its not big deal when Appling proof of citizenship
Question: 2 any idea or reference are they concern about parents date of marriage and applicant date of birth
application is easy and only asking proofs one parent was Canadian before the baby was born
any advice ....
any advice ....
I have same situation