+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship certificate

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Hello,

I did my oath last week ! I sent the oath form ! I really need my citizenship certificate urgently because I have some health issues . Can I send them an email asking for urgent certificate ?
Has anyone done this ?
Thank you

Reactions: carolnetto

callmebyyourname

Mar 11, 2022
There is nothing you can do at this point. If you need it urgently, you must inform them during the oath.
According to a few members on this forum, they still had to wait for up to 3 weeks even though they asked for it urgently.

Reactions: cna110

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
There is nothing you can do at this point. If you need it urgently, you must inform them during the oath.
According to a few members on this forum, they still had to wait for up to 3 weeks even though they asked for it urgently.
I don’t know if I can wait as I have some health issues and needs to be with my family. If I go back home, can I apply to get the citizenship certificate from outside Canada ? Is it easy to get it ?

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
I don’t know if I can wait as I have some health issues and needs to be with my family. If I go back home, can I apply to get the citizenship certificate from outside Canada ? Is it easy to get it ?
Or can I ask someone to send it to me ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If the address which IRCC has for you is still one where you will get mail (including when you are away), no problem. Whoever gets it can send it to you.

BUT: if you need to return to Canada by air, you will need time to get a passport. Usually that's 4-12 weeks, depends a bit where you are etc. There is a procedure for emergency passport issuance - they don't make it easy though.

So check carefully what you would need to apply for passport and make sure you have everything you need and the time.

If you can enter uSA, you could return through land border from USA and show your other ID and citizenship certificate to enter.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
If the address which IRCC has for you is still one where you will get mail (including when you are away), no problem. Whoever gets it can send it to you.

BUT: if you need to return to Canada by air, you will need time to get a passport. Usually that's 4-12 weeks, depends a bit where you are etc. There is a procedure for emergency passport issuance - they don't make it easy though.

So check carefully what you would need to apply for passport and make sure you have everything you need and the time.

If you can enter uSA, you could return through land border from USA and show your other ID and citizenship certificate to enter.
Yes thank you ! I’m planning to apply for passport abroad !

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If you can provide proof of these health issues (medical/doctor's letters, etc.), they may be motivated to provide it urgently. I remember a case last year where she got an earlier oath and urgent certificate and passport granted. (IRCC Scarborough thread on this forum, maybe about April-May last year.)

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
If you can provide proof of these health issues (medical/doctor's letters, etc.), they may be motivated to provide it urgently. I remember a case last year where she got an earlier oath and urgent certificate and passport granted. (IRCC Scarborough thread on this forum, maybe about April-May last year.)
hello did she have health issues? And they gave her oath and certificate quickly ?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Or can I ask someone to send it to me ?
hello did she have health issues? And they gave her oath and certificate quickly ?
It doesnt matter if that person received certificate quickly for similar reason.
Issuing certificate quickly is not an obligation for cic officers. Its up to their discretion and their work load. So comparing with other case with your case wont work since your case officer is different and their officer and office location might be different. Even if its same officer then there is no guarantee to send it soon.
You have been asking on this matter a while ago in different threads and you should have requested during the interaction with the officer at the oath meeting as told by other members at that time. I am not sure why you are asking on requesting after oath.
There is not much you can do now. You should have at least requested while sending the oath form.
I am not sure if you can email on the same email id and ask for it as i dont know if it will create confusion.

Not sure if your file is closed yet in your online application status but it takes 7+ days average after closing.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
It doesnt matter if that person received certificate quickly for similar reason.
Issuing certificate quickly is not an obligation for cic officers. Its up to their discretion and their work load. So comparing with other case with your case wont work since your case officer is different and their officer and office location might be different. Even if its same officer then there is no guarantee to send it soon.
You have been asking on this matter a while ago in different threads and you should have requested during the interaction with the officer at the oath meeting as told by other members at that time. I am not sure why you are asking on requesting after oath.
There is not much you can do now. You should have at least requested while sending the oath form.
I am not sure if you can email on the same email id and ask for it as i dont know if it will create confusion.

Not sure if your file is closed yet in your online application status but it takes 7+ days average after closing.
Yes I’m sorry I didn’t want to ask during oath because I was scared they would ask me to reschedule my oath and I didn’t want to do they and they didn’t ask me if I needed urgent certificate or if I’m travelling soon.
Why will it create confusion ?
Thanks ! Sorry for asking too many times ! I just thought I could find someone in a similar situation . Thank you

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Yes I’m sorry I didn’t want to ask during oath because I was scared they would ask me to reschedule my oath and I didn’t want to do they and they didn’t ask me if I needed urgent certificate or if I’m travelling soon.

Why will it create confusion ?
As mentioned by others earlier, they will simply tell that they cant send you sooner by default by most officers. Many people requested and very few received it soon. Requesting urgent certificate is not automatic exclusion from the oath.

Every oath related email needs to be attended. And who knows if same person will attend and respond/take action or different officer will attend different emails of yours and act differently(one will try to expedite and other may not) which may delay issuing certificates as there are multiple requests from same candidate. Is this outcome 100% certain? No one knows.
You can find out by sending email if you are ok for any delay. I would mostly think that they will just ignore the emails other than the oath form but who knows.

You should simply leave and ask your friend to send it via fedex/ups. Only for passports, many countries have restriction to send out but this is only certificate hence cant be easily sent/received in/out of any country. YOu dont need to wait for it. Many including me and my family didnt wait inside Canada till certificate is delivered.
If you dont want to get lost in postal then you have to stay few more days just like you were waiting for oath. Not much choices.

Last edited:

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Hi guys,

I'm AB residence but work in YT currently.
I got my certificate 14 days after my oath.

I may missed the information on this forum about this and I understand if passport is a legal evidence to cross the border but I wonder, since I live and work in YT ( my pic ID is AB still), can I cross to Skagway for a day trip with the certificate?

Thanks for anyone who can enlight me on this matter.

Cheers

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
So I called and I was told by the agent that my application is closed and the certificate should have been sent yesterday normally but there is no note on my file. How do I know if it has been sent . Can I send an email to Calgary office to confirm ?
Thank you