+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship certificate

barakotos

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
As mentioned by others earlier, they will simply tell that they cant send you sooner by default by most officers. Many people requested and very few received it soon. Requesting urgent certificate is not automatic exclusion from the oath.

Every oath related email needs to be attended. And who knows if same person will attend and respond/take action or different officer will attend different emails of yours and act differently(one will try to expedite and other may not) which may delay issuing certificates as there are multiple requests from same candidate. Is this outcome 100% certain? No one knows.
You can find out by sending email if you are ok for any delay. I would mostly think that they will just ignore the emails other than the oath form but who knows.

You should simply leave and ask your friend to send it via fedex/ups. Only for passports, many countries have restriction to send out but this is only certificate hence cant be easily sent/received in/out of any country. YOu dont need to wait for it. Many including me and my family didnt wait inside Canada till certificate is delivered.
If you dont want to get lost in postal then you have to stay few more days just like you were waiting for oath. Not much choices.
How did you managed to get back to Canada without a canadian passport?!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
How did you managed to get back to Canada without a canadian passport?!
By car with citizenship certificate + current passport. We cant go by plane/bus.

barakotos

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
By car with citizenship certificate + current passport. We cant go by plane/bus.
Did the CBSA officer give you hard time for not waiting for your certificate?

I actually want to travel after my oath and if there is an option to enter with just the citizenship certificate that wouød be a great news

esqart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
After applicant is completed and we have cut the PR card, what is the average time for them to send the certificate? That is basically a timeframe where we cannot leave the country right?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Did the CBSA officer give you hard time for not waiting for your certificate?

I actually want to travel after my oath and if there is an option to enter with just the citizenship certificate that wouød be a great news
I meant "citizenship certificate + current passport " that we need to show the citizenship certificate along with current passport to enter via road.
You dont need Canadian passport if you go via road. Few times i traveled without Canadian passport.
After applicant is completed and we have cut the PR card, what is the average time for them to send the certificate? That is basically a timeframe where we cannot leave the country right?
7 to 21 days.
You dont need to be inside Canada for the certificate. I returned to US without waiting for certificate and asked my friend to ship it to US and then entered Canada to apply for passports.

Reactions: esqart