+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship certificate

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Did anyone received citizenship certificate recently? It seems no citizenship certificates were issued in November.

Millie2020

Dec 11, 2020
I applied for one in early October 2020. I have yet to hear anything from them. Based on the citizenship applications forums, seems like it is taking about 90 days for them to get their AOR right now. So I'm going to wait it out a bit longer before I start wondering what is going on.

When did you send in your application?

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Is there anyone else awaiting for citizenship certificate for more than two months after their oath ceremony? Guys, please share..... I and another candidate @zindabad are awaiting for citizenship certificate for more than two months now. We would appreciate if someone else can provide inputs as this will help us to decide further steps we need to take. At this time I am feeling totally helpless.... I am not sure if it's only two of us or there are other candidates in similar situations.

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
I am waiting for my Oath Invite. My Current status is Decision Made.
As the Oath is taking place virtually due to Covid-19, Can you please let me know do we need to fill any form after oath is completed to get the citizenship Certificate ?
I am gathering all the information and getting prepared upfront.
Hope it will be useful for someone in the later stages

Last edited:

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
I am waiting for my Oath Invite. My Current status is Decision Made.
As the Oath is taking place virtually due to Covid-19, Can you please let me know do we need to fill any form after oath is completed to get the citizenship Certificate ?
I am gathering all the information and getting prepared upfront.
Hope it will be useful for someone in the later stages
There will be a sort of Declaration in the Letter of Oath invitation you receive via email. YOU need to fil that and sign it in front of the Judge on camera and then have to email it to the same email address form which you would get the Oath invitation

Reactions: O'canada

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
There will be a sort of Declaration in the Letter of Oath invitation you receive via email. YOU need to fil that and sign it in front of the Judge on camera and then have to email it to the same email address form which you would get the Oath invitation
Thank you very much Humsafar

arc_1090

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Just bumping this thread up in the forum. Can anyone with recent oaths (past 2 to 3 months) provide their timeline for receiving citizenship certificate post oath along with the location?

Reactions: bonu

AmeyaN

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2015
Doc's Request.
30-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-10-2016
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
27-02-2017
Thank you very much Humsafar
Is there anyway of Expediting the certificate. Cause my Oath is on 24th Nov and I will have to travel outside Canada in 2nd week of December ?

InoAbd

Dec 18, 2012
Is there anyone else awaiting for citizenship certificate for more than two months after their oath ceremony? Guys, please share..... I and another candidate @zindabad are awaiting for citizenship certificate for more than two months now. We would appreciate if someone else can provide inputs as this will help us to decide further steps we need to take. At this time I am feeling totally helpless.... I am not sure if it's only two of us or there are other candidates in similar situations.
any update on your case ?

AdidaRob

Dec 14, 2016
Does it really take 2-4 weeks? or less? to receive the citizenship certificate?
I wish someone can share his timeline. I need to plan for an urgent trip

jahansaid

Feb 28, 2022
Hey Guys, I had my citizenship ceremony on December 13th,2021 and they said it will take 4 to 6 weeks... I arranged my wedding for the end of March in Pakistan, and all the preparation has been done and I still haven't received my citizenship certificate so I can apply for passport. It is so hard to get hold of CIC. anyone know what should I do, how long more I should wait?