+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate

JayB

Jan 24, 2008
Hey,

My daughter is born outside of Canada, we live in Sweden but we are currently temporarily in Canada. Father is Canadian, mother Swedish. When I am applying for her citizenship certificate....

A: Is form CIT0001E the right one to use?

B: Can I put my Canadian address down or should I use our Swedish address?

C: Which address do I send the application to? Is the "Inside Canada" address only good if I use my Canadian address or does that address apply even if I put down my Swedish address (since I am in Canada right now)?

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

JayB said:
Hey,

My daughter is born outside of Canada, we live in Sweden but we are currently temporarily in Canada. Father is Canadian, mother Swedish. When I am applying for her citizenship certificate....

A: Is form CIT0001E the right one to use?

B: Can I put my Canadian address down or should I use our Swedish address?

C: Which address do I send the application to? Is the "Inside Canada" address only good if I use my Canadian address or does that address apply even if I put down my Swedish address (since I am in Canada right now)?

Thanks!
1. Yes, you use this package: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certif.asp
2. How long are you going to be in Canada? If less than 6 months, use your Swedish address and send the application to London.