+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amitm9334

Newbie
Oct 4, 2025
3
0
Me my wife and our son are Canadian Citizen. My wife delivered baby girl in India and we need to bring her here soon. I cannot get indian passport for my daughter as we are Canadian citizen. I have applied for Canadian citizenship certificate for my daughter in Urgent processsing, i did a paper application. I am not sure when i will get citizenship certificate as until then i cannot apply for canadian passport. My wife and kids are stuck in Mumbai India as my 6 months old doesnt have a canadian passport. Is therr a way to get any travel document or temporary passport to come to canada? Pleaae let me know. My son is with my wife aswell in India and missing his school here. Please let me know
 
Me my wife and our son are Canadian Citizen. My wife delivered baby girl in India and we need to bring her here soon. I cannot get indian passport for my daughter as we are Canadian citizen. I have applied for Canadian citizenship certificate for my daughter in Urgent processsing, i did a paper application. I am not sure when i will get citizenship certificate as until then i cannot apply for canadian passport. My wife and kids are stuck in Mumbai India as my 6 months old doesnt have a canadian passport. Is therr a way to get any travel document or temporary passport to come to canada? Pleaae let me know. My son is with my wife aswell in India and missing his school here. Please let me know
You can apply for a temporary validity passport before receiving the citizenship certificate:

Obviously minor parts of this may not apply to your case, sure you'll figure it out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: scylla
Is there a link from where i can apply for a temporary passport? Also do i need a visa for my daughter from India to travel to canada along with temporary passport?
 
You can apply for a temporary validity passport before receiving the citizenship certificate:

Obviously minor parts of this may not apply to your case, sure you'll figure it out.
Also can i apply for the temporary passport for my daugter within canada as i am im Canada currently and my daughter and wife are in India or i have to apply at Canada embassy in India?
 
Is there a link from where i can apply for a temporary passport? Also do i need a visa for my daughter from India to travel to canada along with temporary passport?
You will need to contact the consular section of the embassy. You can also contact the global consular line of global affairs canada.
 
If I postponed my citizenship ceremony how much time will it take after that for second appointment
Mean when will be second appointment
As I am in India now and applied for citizenship and got ceremony invitation I need to decide if I could postponed due to family emergency, will there be any further documents required or inquiries that will take time in that case I can return back but will need to come to India that will take about 3 months and if postponed wait for mother supervise and return to Canada than get ceremony done
What will be better ?
To wait and postpone ceremony
Or just return to Canada and come back