+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby Born In India To Canadian Father...

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
My son is born in India and has Birth Certificate.I applied for my sons Canadian Passport thru New Delhi Embassy and would like to know "Do I need to apply any kind of Visa in India for him after he gets his Canadian Passport as he is living in India right now" or can he leave India by showing his birth certificate along with me to Canada in near future...

I know when he wants to enter India next time after he leaves he needs OCI/PIO/Visit Visa.....

Thanks.....

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to Ministry of Home Affairs, India:

A person born in India on or after 3rd December, 2004 is considered citizen of India by birth if both the parents are citizens of India or one of the parents is a citizen of India and the other is not an illegal migrant at the time of his birth.

Is you wife a Canadian or Indian citizen?.

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
My wife is Indian Citizen...

It means I dont need to apply for any kind of Indian Visa as long as he is in India on Canadian Passport.....

thanks Wilson.....

rksandhu

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-9-2013
File Transfer...
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013 / Remedical....: 8th july 2014 / received. ..: 23rd July 2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2013 (sent-10 oct 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IN-PROCESS since 4th-July-2014 DM-8 Nov 2014 RECEIVED PP-10 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
17 dec 2014 :-D
tahsinmohammad said:
My son is born in India and has Birth Certificate.I applied for my sons Canadian Passport thru New Delhi Embassy and would like to know "Do I need to apply any kind of Visa in India for him after he gets his Canadian Passport as he is living in India right now" or can he leave India by showing his birth certificate along with me to Canada in near future...

I know when he wants to enter India next time after he leaves he needs OCI/PIO/Visit Visa.....

Thanks.....
I don't know much about it...but in my case..I m indian n my hubby is canadian citizen. .my son born in January n he has birth certificate. When my hubby apply his citizenship, then chandigarh embassy tell him dat they issue my son his canadian passport at d time when I get my visa..
Procedure is- when ndvo issue my visa then I confirm tickets after 5 weeks..both me n my son..
Then show dis tickets n fill da form which they gave us..then after few days they issue my sons Canadian passport. ..
Dats it...now I just wait for my visa...

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
I went to FRRO at Hyderabad and they told me that as soon as my son gets his Canadian Passport I have to apply for Visa as he is living in India on Foreign Passport.The visa can PIO/OCI/Visit visa depending what one wants....Good luck

Dhaya

Jul 4, 2014
Hi
I am Dhaya, currently residing in Canada. My Husband is a canadian citizen and I am a PR holder. I am pregnant and I am planning to go to India for delivery. Could you please tell me what is the procedure to bring back baby to Canada after delivery in India, How long will it take? My husband will be continuing his residence in Canada while i am in india for delivery.

Thanks in advance

rksandhu

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-9-2013
File Transfer...
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dhaya said:
Hi
I am Dhaya, currently residing in Canada. My Husband is a canadian citizen and I am a PR holder. I am pregnant and I am planning to go to India for delivery. Could you please tell me what is the procedure to bring back baby to Canada after delivery in India, How long will it take? My husband will be continuing his residence in Canada while i am in india for delivery.

Thanks in advance
If ur husband is Canadian citizen then ur baby also. ..after the birth of your baby apply his Indian birth certificate it will take max 1 month time..after that apply his citizenship certificate it will take 10 to 12 months time but in my case I was received it in 4 months. ...
if u travel immediately after d birth of ur baby then apply Canadian passport along with ur proof of travel documents like air tickets both of you..In case you didn't hv citizenship certificate then they will issue only 2 years limited validity passport. ..
I hope this info helpful to you..

Dhaya

Jul 4, 2014
rksandhu said:
If ur husband is Canadian citizen then ur baby also. ..after the birth of your baby apply his Indian birth certificate it will take max 1 month time..after that apply his citizenship certificate it will take 10 to 12 months time but in my case I was received it in 4 months. ...
if u travel immediately after d birth of ur baby then apply Canadian passport along with ur proof of travel documents like air tickets both of you..In case you didn't hv citizenship certificate then they will issue only 2 years limited validity passport. ..
I hope this info helpful to you..
Thank you very much rksandhu for taking time to answer my questions.

still i am yet to clear your explanation with the complete procedure.

Here are my questions once i give birth to a baby in india:

1. should my husband(canadian citizen) apply for citizenship certificate for the new born from canada or should i(canadian pr) apply for it in new delhi canadian embassy?

2.will i be able to apply for canadian passport directly after my delivery for the new born skipping the question 1, in case if i want to bring my baby sooner as 10 months period is too long for getting a citizenship certificate? how long will it take to get the canadian passport for my baby ? and where should we be applying for the canadian passport ? ( in new delhi canadian embassy or by my husband from canada)

3. please let me know what documents were needed to be filled and supported documents to be shown for question 1 and 2.

4. or is it possible that i apply for indian passport for the new born and apply for canadian temporary visa to bring back the baby to canada while my baby's canadian citizenship certificate application is still in progress ?

Thanks a lot

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Dhaya said:

1. should my husband(canadian citizen) apply for citizenship certificate for the new born from canada or should i(canadian pr) apply for it in new delhi canadian embassy?

Your husband can apply for the Citizenship Certificate in Canada or New Delhi Embassy..Processing is 4 months if ur husband applied within Canada and processing is 12-14 months if your husband applies at New Delhi Embassy..I applied for my sons certificate at New Delhi in Feb 2014 and I received nothing...Its better to apply within Canada for quicker processing...

2.will i be able to apply for canadian passport directly after my delivery for the new born skipping the question 1, in case if i want to bring my baby sooner as 10 months period is too long for getting a citizenship certificate? how long will it take to get the canadian passport for my baby ? and where should we be applying for the canadian passport ? ( in new delhi canadian embassy or by my husband from canada)

You can apply for babys Canadian Passport at New Delhi Embassy ONLY after sending your application for Babys Citizenship Certificate application..You need to gather all the documents you need to apply for the babys passport at New Delhi Embassy...I applied for my babys passport and I received within 30 days...See below link for the documents you need for passport application...

3. please let me know what documents were needed to be filled and supported documents to be shown for question 1 and 2.

For Passport Application at New Delhi Embassy : http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/new-ppts-for-children.aspx

For Citizenship Certificate at New Delhi Embassy or Within Canada : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/minors.asp

4. or is it possible that i apply for indian passport for the new born and apply for canadian temporary visa to bring back the baby to canada while my baby's canadian citizenship certificate application is still in progress ?

I wont recommend this option.

Simply tell your husband to apply for the Citizenship Certificate within Canada and then submit the Passport application here in New Delhi Embassy with a Cover letter stating that you already applied for the babys Citizenship Certificate.New Delhi Embassy will issue you 2 years Limited Validity Canadian Passport.

My babys Certificate processing going on and he received his 2 yr Canadian Validity Passport yesterday...Once you receive your babys passport you need to apply for India Entry Visa or Exit Visa before flying back to Canada with your local FRRO office...

Good luck

Dhaya

Jul 4, 2014

Many Thanks tahsinmohammad. So the total processing time from delivery to reaching back to canada with my baby would be around 3 months i would assume from the information you gave.

Thanks again for guiding me thru.

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Dhaya said:
Many Thanks tahsinmohammad. So the total processing time from delivery to reaching back to canada with my baby would be around 3 months i would assume from the information you gave.

Thanks again for guiding me thru.
Well it depends how soon you get the Birth Certificate of the baby and you prepare all the documents...I assume around 3-4 months should be fine...

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Dhaya said:

Thanks a lot
Please make sure to check the 'rules' regarding passing on Canadian Citizenship. If your husband was born in Canada or naturalized as a Canadian it should be fine. If your husband obtained his citizenship through one of his parents but he was born outside of Canada then he can not pass on Canadian citizenship to your child/children. Please be sure to check all facts before assuming that your child will be Canadian. I am unsure why you want to go back to India to give birth to your son, it doesn't make much sense to me.

Dhaya

Jul 4, 2014
tahsinmohammad said:
Well it depends how soon you get the Birth Certificate of the baby and you prepare all the documents...I assume around 3-4 months should be fine...
thanks again for the reply. much appreciated.

Dhaya

Jul 4, 2014
Alurra71 said:
Please make sure to check the 'rules' regarding passing on Canadian Citizenship. If your husband was born in Canada or naturalized as a Canadian it should be fine. If your husband obtained his citizenship through one of his parents but he was born outside of Canada then he can not pass on Canadian citizenship to your child/children. Please be sure to check all facts before assuming that your child will be Canadian. I am unsure why you want to go back to India to give birth to your son, it doesn't make much sense to me.
we have already checked the rules and it applies to us. due to our personal preferences we wish to do so. thanks.

rksandhu

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-9-2013
File Transfer...
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dhaya said:

Thanks a lot
tahsin give you every single detail...but

1.In your first question it doesn't matter if you apply in Canada or in new Delhi embassy. ..tahsin applied in new Delhi embassy and I m applied in Chandigarh embassy on the same month..but I m received it in June and he didn't received citizenship certificate yet. ..so it doesn't matter where you apply...

4. there is no need for it even Canadian passport issue earlier apart from Indian..just apply limited validity passport when you received ur baby's canadian passport and you want to fly immideatly then go to ur local SSP office and they issue EXIT visa for ur baby's passport. ..all the best