+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate shipping to USA

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Currently, I am Non-Canadian/Non-US Citizen.
My Oath for Canadian Citizenship is next week. I also have Green Card and living in USA maintaining PR Status in Canada.

The oath letter mentions that I have to be in Canada for the oath ceremony (Remote, Niagara). So I am planning to go to Niagara falls, ON for a day, complete the online ceremony and drive back to States (same day). Address on the file is from USA.

Would they send the certificate to USA (to the address on file) and using that I can apply for the passport?

Here is the link from IRCC: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1560&top=5
(I applied with paper application)

Thank you on advance.

Last edited:

flystar2

Aug 6, 2022
I am following this because I am in a similar situation and would like to travel. By the way, the CBSA says clearly that you can enter Canada with a citizenship certificate. It's the airlines and trains that will be tripped up by a lack of a passport. Also wondering it they send the certificate via regular mail or registered mail and thus do I have to be the one going to sign for it?

lechunayar

Mar 29, 2019
Currently, I am Non-Canadian/Non-US Citizen.
My Oath for Canadian Citizenship is next week. I also have Green Card and living in USA maintaining PR Status in Canada.

The oath letter mentions that I have to be in Canada for the oath ceremony (Remote, Niagara). So I am planning to go to Niagara falls, ON for a day, complete the online ceremony and drive back to States (same day). Address on the file is from USA.

Would they send the certificate to USA (to the address on file) and using that I can apply for the passport?

Here is the link from IRCC: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1560&top=5
(I applied with paper application)

Thank you on advance.
I am also in the same situation. What happened after your oath? Did they send you the citizenship certificates to US?