+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate not yet received after 40days from Oathtaking

ishpiringkiting

Jan 11, 2012
Hi, I just want to creat a thread to those who are still waiting in the mail for their citizenship certificates. We had our oathtaking last September 27 2023 and after the oathtaking we have sent through email the paper which had our signatures and until today, November 6 2023, we still have not received the Citizenship Certifocate. We have opted for paper certs since the start of application. Thank you.
Post away.

EddieYikSan

Dec 9, 2020
OMG, I chose a paper certificate as well. Should select an e-certificate. Have you reached out to them through email or phone to check about the paper certificate progress?

Reactions: ishpiringkiting

EddieYikSan

Dec 9, 2020
Can’t you switch to e-certificate from paper during registration,prior to oath ceremony.?
yes you can

"As you prepare to attend your ceremony, you can take this time to decide which format you prefer. During the citizenship ceremony registration, we will confirm which type of citizenship certificate you wish to receive." - from e-certificate information document shared by IRCC with oath invite

ishpiringkiting

Jan 11, 2012
I have already emailed them 4times already and the only email reply I received is a generic automated reply from them. I have always opt for paper since from the start and during the oath-taking ceremony. It’s so sad that it’s taking a long time for them to process the paper certificate. We had our oathtaking last September 27th and until now we are still waiting. I still hope this week we will receive it. I should have opted for e-certs during the oathtaking should I have known this will take a long time to process in paper.

EddieYikSan

Dec 9, 2020
I have already emailed them 4times already and the only email reply I received is a generic automated reply from them. I have always opt for paper since from the start and during the oath-taking ceremony. It’s so sad that it’s taking a long time for them to process the paper certificate. We had our oathtaking last September 27th and until now we are still waiting. I still hope this week we will receive it. I should have opted for e-certs during the oathtaking should I have known this will take a long time to process in paper.
From another thread, some people opt for e-certficate also wait one month to get it. The longest paper certificate I have seen was 3-4 months. Maybe check with the customer service rep through phone to confirm if your signed form was properly received in file.

ishpiringkiting

Jan 11, 2012
Hi, just an update. We received our certificates today, November 09,2023. Thank you. September 27(oathtaking ceremony) - November 9 (certificates received)