+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate Montreal office

hadiplusplus

Nov 9, 2015
Hi, I had my oath on March 28 and the file was closed the day after. Still no news for the certificate from Montreal office. Anyone in same situation?

Reactions: SALOK

andrew_ol91

Sep 8, 2021
Hi, I had my oath on March 28 and the file was closed the day after. Still no news for the certificate from Montreal office. Anyone in same situation?
Hey there! Had my oath on March 30th... no certificate yet, but it looks like we are still pretty much within 2-3 weeks timeline, Patience is gold here, but indeed super frustrating not even having a chance to track it....

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Hi,
After completing the citizenship test, how long does it take to get the invite for the oath ceremony ?

Em2802

Jun 22, 2022
Hi,
I had my oath on May 30th (Montreal office) and as off today (June 22nd) my status file still shows “In progress” on the website (last update was apparently May 20th).

Everything went fine during the oath and the signed affirmation was sent back the very same day, within an hour after the ceremony (got a delivery confirmation).
It’s already been 3 weeks and no update/idea on when I’ll get the certificate, which I need to get a passport.

Is anyone in the same situation, or had that kinda delay in the last months with Montreal?

What was your timeline between the oath, update status and getting the certificate?

Thanks,

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I had my oath on May 30th (Montreal office) and as off today (June 22nd) my status file still shows “In progress” on the website (last update was apparently May 20th).

Everything went fine during the oath and the signed affirmation was sent back the very same day, within an hour after the ceremony (got a delivery confirmation).
It’s already been 3 weeks and no update/idea on when I’ll get the certificate, which I need to get a passport.

Is anyone in the same situation, or had that kinda delay in the last months with Montreal?

What was your timeline between the oath, update status and getting the certificate?

Thanks,
My oath was May 6th MTL. Office, application closed on May 18th still haven’t received my certificate

Em2802

Jun 22, 2022
Hi,

Thanks,
So I called 1-888-242-2100 to have some info regarding the delay, and apparently it’s noted in my file that they “never received” the affirmation of citizenship; though I sent it right after the ceremony and got an email delivery notification from CIC (WT…)

. The agent I got on the phone asked me to send the affirmation again explaining the situation, which I did, with the mention “Urgent” in the title and I attached 2 screenshots of my mail with PDF and the delivery notification received a minute after from the day of the ceremony.

Once again, I got a delivery notification for the email I sent them today. I’m gonna check for the status change in the next couple of days and will call them back if I see nothing new next week.

This is so frustrating and stressful: I did everything they asked, the way they asked, and somehow there’s still problems.

Reactions: pedromw

SALOK

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey there! Had my oath on March 30th... no certificate yet, but it looks like we are still pretty much within 2-3 weeks timeline, Patience is gold here, but indeed super frustrating not even having a chance to track it....
any update?

SALOK

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi,

Thanks,
Oath May 6, still waiting on the certificate from Montreal sucks office.

BGW-MTL

Jul 1, 2022
So I called 1-888-242-2100 to have some info regarding the delay, and apparently it’s noted in my file that they “never received” the affirmation of citizenship; though I sent it right after the ceremony and got an email delivery notification from CIC (WT…)

. The agent I got on the phone asked me to send the affirmation again explaining the situation, which I did, with the mention “Urgent” in the title and I attached 2 screenshots of my mail with PDF and the delivery notification received a minute after from the day of the ceremony.

Once again, I got a delivery notification for the email I sent them today. I’m gonna check for the status change in the next couple of days and will call them back if I see nothing new next week.

This is so frustrating and stressful: I did everything they asked, the way they asked, and somehow there’s still problems.
Hi-- any update ??

Em2802

Jun 22, 2022
any update?
Hi-- any update ??
I called them again on Thursday 30th, and this time the agent told me they had no way to know if the person in charge had received or not the first and second email with the signed oath until my status on the cic website change (so basically, when I’ll be able to check the status myself).

That’s so confusing, the one I had on May 28th told me the status didn’t change BECAUSE they didn’t receive the oath. Two different clerks, two different answers, what kinda service is that for something THAT important?!?!

Anyway, she put a note on my file, with the two dates I sent the signed oath, and in case they truly didn’t receive it (because as I understood it with the second call, that could be normal delays and nothing is wrong) an agent will contact me in about 4 weeks to figure the things out. So I can kiss my hope to get my passport to visit my family this summer good bye.

It’s really “The place that sends you mad” from the movie the 12 tasks of Asterix.

Goldenita

Jun 29, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called them again on Thursday 30th, and this time the agent told me they had no way to know if the person in charge had received or not the first and second email with the signed oath until my status on the cic website change (so basically, when I’ll be able to check the status myself).

That’s so confusing, the one I had on May 28th told me the status didn’t change BECAUSE they didn’t receive the oath. Two different clerks, two different answers, what kinda service is that for something THAT important?!?!

Anyway, she put a note on my file, with the two dates I sent the signed oath, and in case they truly didn’t receive it (because as I understood it with the second call, that could be normal delays and nothing is wrong) an agent will contact me in about 4 weeks to figure the things out. So I can kiss my hope to get my passport to visit my family this summer good bye.

It’s really “The place that sends you mad” from the movie the 12 tasks of Asterix.
Who was your Agent

SALOK

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016

I feel you, IRCC is a shit show, no transparency, no consistency, not responding to emails or webforms, what are they doing then?
even if there is problem from their end. you can't get hold of anyone who actually works on your file, only non-useful reps on the phone, who contradict each other.

Em2802

Jun 22, 2022

So I did receive my certificate today by mail (folded, thanks Post Canada), 6 weeks after my oath, though the online tracker still shows “In progress”…
Time to apply for a passport now, at least it’s apparently better than a couple of weeks ago.

Nocturno

Jun 5, 2016
I had my oath with the Montreal office on July 8, but my status in the tracker has still not changed. Anybody in the same boat?
Is this a reason for concern, and what can I do at this point?

Em2802

Jun 22, 2022
I had my oath with the Montreal office on July 8, but my status in the tracker has still not changed. Anybody in the same boat?
Is this a reason for concern, and what can I do at this point?
Hi,
I received my certificate last Monday, 6 weeks after my ceremony, and as off today my tracker is still showing “in progress”, so in your case I would probably just wait until at least Aug 19th. The agents on phone probably don’t have more infos than the tracker.
Good luck!